Togs Dont Fit!!!!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Togs Dont Fit!!!!!

GTluver
03-12-2005, 12:23 AM
Well the headers themselves are in but the pipe that connects them too is too short.....they are about have an inch short or so.....the shop guy got a hold of john and then i called john too and he said he is sending me another one (at my own expense including shipping :rage: )and will be nickle coated and not ceramic :nono:

is this a common problem? I need help fast as the car is in the shop and the pipe should be here by monday or @ least thats what jonh said....

A few minor things to note, he put sealant on the headers instead of gaskets....i forgot why he did this so i gotta ask him....

also, the the lock tite header screws that I got from summit racing wont be put on either, cuz he said since the heads are aluminum, if ur not careful, u'll overtorque em and fuc* em up, blah blah

sorry for using whoever's pic that was for reference....

GTluver
03-12-2005, 12:24 AM
i meant half an inch too short.....or just a hair under .5"

GTluver
03-12-2005, 12:30 AM
the guy said, worst case scenario, if th3 2nd pipe that the guy sends u is the same/no good, we will weld an extra piece in there to make it long enuff to fit and u can return ur headers to the seller and demand a full refund....

he seems pretty knowledgeable when it comes to installing headers....its like his 10th install of headers...(last wk they installed headers on a GP GTP)

so we'll see.....hope everything comes out just fine......

now i contemplate if i shoulda gone w/ S & S woulda been the best choice.....ah well...**** happens :(

GrahamKracka
03-12-2005, 01:25 AM
we installed some togs on my friends GA...everything fit fine

3x3
03-12-2005, 05:19 AM
Make certain the front header isn't for a Grand Prix. I ran into this problem. It looks like it fits but after closer inspection it was determined that it was not the GA front header. Also there is a donut style gasket between the crossover and the rear header. Make certain you are using this. The piece I would say is a good half inch.

GTluver
03-12-2005, 06:32 AM
im pretty sure both headers are for a ga since they are already tighten in there.....i will let him know about the donut gasket since i didnt see any on there......

Blackrider
03-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Another thing to add to the list wrong with TOG's.

But thats BS tell him to cram it up his ass if he is going to make you pay!

Thats odd I heard how TOG had the best customer service :rolleyes:

eric99gt
03-12-2005, 01:38 PM
i would bet he is not putting in the donut gasket as 3*3 said. but it's odd that tog wouldn't help fix the problem for free.

GTluver
03-12-2005, 05:47 PM
yea im pretty sure he didnt try it w/ the dognut either.....does this gasket comes w/ the headers? if so, i didnt got one :( Can i buy any other similar to it @ any parts store?

AaronGAGT
03-12-2005, 08:11 PM
wtf kind of business is that? Their product is faulty... but you have to pay for that? WEAK sauce!

puckyou
03-12-2005, 10:34 PM
My first set of headers from the group buy were a front Grand Prix and rear Grand Am, both from a bad batch also as they were rusting. Jon had me send those in at my cost, he replaced them from PFYC. PFYC in turn sent me a complete set for the 3800 Grand Prix, I returned them at PFYC cost. The latest set I received was complete except for the missing O2 extension. So that is on the way, this week.

You should have had 2 - 2" steel donuts, in the hardware bag. They are about 1/4" thick or so on the top and 1/2" thick on the bottom. That is my guess also where the difference is.

GTluver
03-13-2005, 12:13 AM
thnx for the replies guys....ill see how it goes on monday.....regardless if the new part he sends me is the right one or not....we'll find a way to work it out by tues afternoon at the latest.....

dont get me wrong, John seems very friendly and helpful right away as soon as i told him of the said problem...

as soon as i said i needed a new part, he quickly wanted to rush out and send me the new part b4 UPS close.....

the only thing that kinda ticked me off is that the new part and shipping fees would be at my own expense even tho the part is faulty and not my fault in any way....

mwolverines
03-13-2005, 12:52 AM
"Dont take crap from anybody!" - Pops (from dirty work if ya know what im talkin bout)

coupe
03-13-2005, 10:23 AM
Thats another reason i like S&S, 2 piece.

puckyou
03-15-2005, 11:52 AM
So, whats the latest?

GTluver
03-15-2005, 02:08 PM
well good news guys......everything is on now.........

anyways....i luv the sound of it.....kinda like the mastercard commercial......

"having headers and slp, priceless' lol ill put pics of the install later this eve.....

anyone kknow where i can upload movie clips so i can upload a cpl of sound clips.....?

now i just need to take it to a shop to have them put bend some pipes so the tails come out in the middle....

the headers get really really hot tho.....dunno if its common w/ headers.....i turned the car on since last night and only w/ 5 minutes running, the headers were very hot....

overall, im pleased w/ them....now when i picked it up the sound was kinda rough....i heard that it will settle and get better until it gets broken in....like after u drive it some 50-75 miles or so....

my next performance mod will prolly b the DHP

coupe
03-15-2005, 02:19 PM
It will not get better, the sound is there to stay. There is nothing to break in.
And yes they get VERY hot VERY fast, even after 10 seconds.

puckyou
03-15-2005, 03:17 PM
So what was the issue with them? the 1/2 inch varience?

FORTEEN3GT
03-15-2005, 03:22 PM
It will not get better, the sound is there to stay. There is nothing to break in.
And yes they get VERY hot VERY fast, even after 10 seconds.

you just get used to the new sound! kinda like a cut out!

coupe
03-15-2005, 03:26 PM
you just get used to the new sound! kinda like a cut out!

yup

GTluver
03-15-2005, 07:59 PM
heres showing the front headers......

GTluver
03-15-2005, 08:04 PM
the back header/crosspipe....kinda hard to get a pic of...

GTluver
03-15-2005, 08:05 PM
last 1 of the muffler....

GTluver
03-15-2005, 08:14 PM
how do i post more then one pic at the same time? i hate putting up pics one by one

H.O. Driver
03-15-2005, 08:27 PM
how do i post more then one pic at the same time? i hate putting up pics one by one
manage attachments, upload more than one pic, upload up to five in one post

Gold99HO
03-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Another thing to add to the list wrong with TOG's.

But thats BS tell him to cram it up his ass if he is going to make you pay!

Thats odd I heard how TOG had the best customer service :rolleyes:

you better not let aaron hear you say that. quick! edit it lol

zeddsdead
03-16-2005, 08:57 AM
that was my pic and those still aint in....sigh

motivate me....yeah yeah the sound...but how does it feeeel?

coupe
03-16-2005, 02:00 PM
They definately register on the @ss dyno. That says alot.

GTluver
03-16-2005, 05:12 PM
yea besides the sound, the low end is pretty much the same or maybe just a bit more responsive....but mid and high-end, its very responsive....wish i can put up the vid cllip of all the rubber i laid on the asphalt......might need new shoes by summer time :D

zeddsdead
03-16-2005, 11:16 PM
thats it...by summer's end they shall be on-o!