I Need Your Advise [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : I Need Your Advise

canadianGT
03-12-2005, 04:28 PM
I bought my GT Coupe new in 2002. At the time I purchased the extended warranty (4yrs/80000 kms) . At around 35000 kms i started to notice that the outer edge of my rims where the weights sit were starting to peel and turn black and bubbly (the rims I have are the painted alluminum ones). The dealership told me that I should wait until my lease was near its end because G.M. would only fix them once. Now I have 70000 kms on my car and I took it into the dealership and they are telling me that it isnt covered under the extended warranty. The guy at the service department said that rust and defects are only covered up to 60000 or 3 years. I should have got something in writing when I first took the car in way back when. After this winter my rims are looking really worn all the way around on that outer lip. How can a car that is 2 1/2 years old have a problem like this? They really look like crap. the shiny painted part is fine, it's just the outer edge. What do you guys think I should do about this and has anyone had this problem with their factory rims.