HARD Vibration at 70 mph [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HARD Vibration at 70 mph

w82drv
03-13-2005, 09:27 AM
there is a hard vibration in the steering wheel when im doin 70 mph and above and it feels like its coming from the middle of the car(kinda where your right foot would sit on driver side)
also when i make a certain turn it, the car makes a POP noise that you can both feel and hear when driving. i put the car in the ait and had someone turn the steering wheel left and right and i have concluded that the bushing for the rack is what has gone bad.
also when i first start up and even sometimes when im driving its hard to turn the steering wheel.

i called my local pontiac dealership and he said that its possible it could be the rack bushing. i was jus wondering if anyone knows anything about my problem and or could tell me the right thing thats wrong with my baby and how to go about fixing whatever's wrong.

its not a bent rim or tires unbalanced or bad tire bc i replaced all tires and rims and balanced them and they all have the same psi. so thats all gravy....

w82drv
03-14-2005, 10:24 PM
anyone....? :whistle:

mwolverines
03-14-2005, 10:35 PM
its probably the racks goin bad and maybe the power steering pump could be bad. my pump went out, and right before it died all together, the pwr strng only worked part of the time.

w82drv
03-17-2005, 09:34 AM
well after i put it in the air, i found that there was both a nut and bolt loose that hold the rack. the last time my car had front end work was in baltimore when the entire front end came apart at 80 MPH on the NJ TPK. so i would double check work that a dealer does bc everytime i bring one of my cars to a dealer, i end up bringing it to my buddy who owns his own shop......but yea my power steering was replaced last month so yea i knew something was up