Quick trans/fuel question? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Quick trans/fuel question?

tranceokido
03-13-2005, 01:43 PM
:violin I hope this isn't a sign of trans problems. Well I had to run and get gas and I let the car warm up for a couple mins before I drove it. Well I was probably doing like 75 and I came to a complete stop for a couple seconds. I was definalty stopped though. When I decided to go the car felt like it was stuck in 2nd gear, and I think it was. That or it wasn't get enough fuel because it was so low, but I don't think so because it was fine once I got going. So has this happened to anyone?

Panacea
03-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Did the car not move or anything? Did the gauges do a POST test or anything? How did you fix the problem, did you eventually get up to speed and it was normal? It is possible that the PCM didn't downshift all the way, it's happened to me a few times. Just put the shifter into 1st , and then into drive (or park, then drive) and you should be fine.

tranceokido
03-13-2005, 04:52 PM
yeah..I just kept giving it more and more gas. And the thing got up to speed and shifted into 3rd and then forth just like normal. I guess it was a screwy thing since it was cold and I was running her kind of hard and it was low on gas. The gauges did their self check and everything when I started the car. Like I said I let it warm up for a couple mins to let the oil circulate and everything. But it was pretty messed up because I ended up pulling out in front of an SUV. However if it would of acted like it should then I would of been find. At first I thought it was in neutral so I looked down and it said I was in drive and then I looked up and I was moving very slowly, but she got up there. Its all good now.

tranceokido
03-17-2005, 03:37 PM
bump?