Front fender [Archive] - Forum


View Full Version : Front fender

03-14-2005, 02:24 PM
Hey all,

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I decided on this forum.

I don't know much about cars, but I'm always striving to learn more. Today I noticed that my front fender (I think that's what it is called) has a few big cracks in it and some chips in the paint. Here are some pictures:
I can also press on it and it moves in and out.

Does anyone know how this could be fixed and what the cost would be? I love my car; it is the first I've paid for myself! I'm so sad !

Thanks for all your help :)

03-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Good god girl you did a number on that front facia.
What you see is called a Facia or bumper.
The fenders are the parts covering your wheels.

I was quoted to have my front facia repainted at $401.
You have got to go to some body shops and get some qoutes, get at least 5 quotes.

03-14-2005, 02:50 PM
You have more pics of the overall car?

03-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah here are some shots from each side. If you're standing in front of the car, those cracks are on the rightish side.

03-14-2005, 03:07 PM
The part "surounding" the tires are the "fenders".
The part runing under your doors are "side skirts".
The front and rear "parts" are "facia's".
The part of thetrunk that opens is the "trunk lid".

Just gotta take off that Badging (the words on the doors, fenders and trunk lid) and the pinstriping and youd be set. Price for that is free.

03-14-2005, 03:16 PM
I like the words, but the pinstripes have been coming off on their own anyway.

03-14-2005, 03:42 PM
You pretty much have to get a new bumper. Mine is cracked after I hit a snowbank.