what i would like to see [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : what i would like to see

BiHStL
03-16-2005, 08:31 PM
so, im bored...
In this section it says we can "request" things for the site.
Im pretty bored tonight, so i feel like rantin...

First of all, everyone needs to lighten up a little, constantly saying "search" to everyone who asks a question gets really damn old, and i from now on pledge not to do that to anyone, instead ill try to answer if i can, and if not, i wont post on the thread at all. It seems like some people seriously get on this site everyday to go through the different threads to say "search"

Also, we all need to be able to express our opinions on this site (no matter if everyone foesnt agrees with them). Just today i have seen two threads closed, because the mods didnt like it. Come on, its just the internet, lighten up everyone.

Well, im done with my rant, i feel a little better :o

UNCTYPE-S
03-16-2005, 08:34 PM
people are gonna do what their gonna do
Result=you cant stop them.

mods are gonna do what they wanna do
Result=you cant stop them.

Moral of the story=who cares, dont let little things bother you. As long as you do your part and what you think is right, thats all that matters.

badboy2451
03-16-2005, 09:21 PM
so, im bored...

First of all, everyone needs to lighten up a little, constantly saying "search" to everyone who asks a question gets really damn old, and i from now on pledge not to do that to anyone, instead ill try to answer if i can, and if not, i wont post on the thread at all. It seems like some people seriously get on this site everyday to go through the different threads to say "search"

Also, we all need to be able to express our opinions on this site (no matter if everyone foesnt agrees with them). Just today i have seen two threads closed, because the mods didnt like it. Come on, its just the internet, lighten up everyone.

im with stupid

2Dambad
03-16-2005, 09:23 PM
so, im bored...

Start you own site then....dont like the rules, dont visit.

BiHStL
03-16-2005, 09:28 PM

Wow bud, when did i say I didnt like something, this section is for requests, so that is what i am doing.

Thank you for your useless post, atleast my thread started as a request to better the site a little

Your post has done nothing but wasted space, thank you!
Now i wont argue with you because once we start arguing, they will close my perfectly good thread!

02andahalfgt
03-16-2005, 09:31 PM

I'm with stupid. Probably the smartest thing said on this site in a long time.

The veteran members tell people to search because most of the questions asked have been covered over and over and over and over and over, well you get the point. There is a lot of information on this website and instead of being lazy and just making a new thread you can find very detailed instructions/descriptions to do just about anything to these cars.

That also means we don't 'need' to be able to express our opinions here. We don't pay to come here, Ryan and Jeremy pay to keep this site running. If they don't want a bunch of flame filled/useless posts they can control that anyway they seem fit. I for one think they do a hell of a job, especially considering they do it in their free time and don't have to keep this site going to please us.

BiHStL
03-16-2005, 09:37 PM
I NEVER SAID I DIDNT LIKE THE RULES/SITE
again, here we go, i am just trying to get everyone to lighten up. how many people have come and gone because once they ask their first question, 30 people start posting "search"?

I didnt say anything about Ryan and Jeremy, i was talking about the members in general.

DrFabulous
03-17-2005, 01:37 PM
I don't mind that people tell them to search, but just be kind about it. Some people jump down their throats, when a simple "Hey, this topic has been covered before. Search for 'CAI' using the button on the top of the site." Not everyone is going to get along with everyone here, it's just not going to happen. Jermey and Ryan started this site, got some people they trusted to moderate, and it's grown from there. I appreciate the work they've done, along with the moderaters and the veterans of this site. Without them, this site would be nothing. Do people get a little too defensive? Oh yea. But it happens everywhere. The best way to deal with it is just keep doing what you do, and try to help people out the best you can. This is a very good site, it just gets bogged down a little bit with flame wars and repeated topics.

JohnnyB4439
03-18-2005, 12:47 AM
How about when someone new comes on the site and doesnt know much about the setup and whatnot, instead of just saying SEARCH, maybe you could provide a link or something, simple enough. That way everyones happy. :kiss:

zeddsdead
03-19-2005, 02:31 AM
i have a request...

i love using the search button...so much so that i often get the error saying i gotta wait 30 seconds before using it again...

i think everyone can see where this is leading..and im sure its been discussed before..but honestly i just did a search on search time limit and the 30 second error just popped up.

if there has to be a pause can it be changed to something more reasonable than 30 seconds...for a message forum 30 seconds to me just doesnt make sense.

thanks for reading. and if this is indeed a tired subject..dont worry..i have 5 more seconds and then will be able to search my search time limit...hey thats new now it shows me how much more i have to wait..cool. improvement but nah not really. thanks again for reading.

zeddsdead
03-19-2005, 02:41 AM
haha i just found my answer as to why its at 30 seconds. i learned about drive thrashing and that it is a server processing speed issue. oh well...

hey how about just like one day...if it can be done...for kicks just change the time limit to 15 seconds or so and see just how bad the board is affected...i mean dont announce that the change has been made just do it secretly under the cover of darkness and see if people start to gripe about how slow the board is....if no complaints arise then keep it at 15. just brainstorming. thanks for reading.