Odometer freaking out? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Odometer freaking out?

mr_eh
03-17-2005, 12:12 PM
ok, a while ago a wire to my o2 sensor was severed, doesnt matter how, anyway, it tripped an ses light and was giving me surging at weird spots in my cars powerband..

so like after 3 months i finally got around to fixing it = P..

anyway - after connecting all the tires properly the ses didnt go off, figured it needed a day, which it did, started it up today while running errands, ses off - woooot........ and then i glanced at my odometer and it was bugging out displaying gibberish, not even whole numbers or letters, just complete jibberish, sorta like the matrix... shut car off and turned it back on and all is well in happy land

but what the hell was that about?

DrFabulous
03-17-2005, 12:29 PM
I had the exact problem with my car last summer. I had like a three week stretch where my odometer would just randomly light up half numbers. It would go away after a couple seconds, then be back like 2 hours later. This stuff was happening when my car was bone-stock, also, so I don't think it's because of a code.

DrFabulous
03-18-2005, 09:34 PM
No one else had this happen???

XMBlackGT1
03-18-2005, 09:41 PM
My odometer in my 2003 did it for about a week during the summer. It was really humid when it did it. I turned the car on, and the odometer displayed "00001". It stayed like that for awhile and then all of the sudden, it went back to normal, and the miles were correct. I kept track of how far I went, and when it came back on, it was right. Not sure what caused it. My car is stock except for the springs, headlights and stereo system.

2002AmSE
03-18-2005, 10:12 PM
...My friends 99 GASE did that too occasionally, then after some time it has stayed normal. I told him it would probably be a good idea to goto the dealer when it was normal and have them fix the problem and bring a picture of the odometer when it was screwing up. It's what I would do, but he didnt...

GTLUVA
03-18-2005, 10:22 PM
I never had my odometer freaking out on me. My speedo gauge needle got stuck on me though had to back to the gm dealer. But it wasn't my fault. The gm dealer installed my N & R White Gauges for me and my needle was jumping back and forth. Took it back the next day and they fixed it for me haven't had any problems yet.

zeddsdead
03-19-2005, 12:48 AM
my car's had this issue. it went away on its own. thankfully!

oh the needle didnt stick...just the odometer would flicker or light up 8's.