Front Bumper Covers [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Front Bumper Covers

Grandizzol
03-19-2005, 10:14 PM
the other day I rear-ended somebody, I hit them on the drivers side and today I replaced the fender, and headlight, but my bumper cover is still all jacked up, I riveted it in a few places so that its solid, and I can drive it without it dragging the ground, or rattling around, so I'm not really in a hurry, you know, but the thing is, I have a 93 GT, and used front bumpers are impossible to find, I went to a "pull-a-part" salvage yard this morning to get the fender, and headlight, there were about 10 or so Grand Ams that were the same generation, but no GTs, and I don't really want to pay an arm and a leg for an after-market bumper, so here is the question, is it possible to modify a 3rd gen GT bumper cover to fit my 2nd gen GT? if I can't do that, than I'll just have to keep looking for a good deal on a used or after-market bumper cover, I'm not gonna but a none-GT cover on it, because as I'm sure we can all agree, they look like total butt crack.

Matt95GT
03-21-2005, 07:56 AM
www.junkyarddog.com
www.usedgrandamparts.com

Try more salvage yards or the links. In the last year I've seen dozens of 92-95's hit the yards with plenty of mint fascias... including at a few complete GT kits... fascias and side-skirts.

Aftermarket bumpers aren't recommended... look for OEM replacement. As far as price... well, having an accident isn't cheap. I'd scratch the 96-98 bumper idea... you would need to convert/rewire the headlights/signals as well.

Also, make sure your hood latch assembly is working properly... I've seen some secondary accidents due to hoods flying open on cars with very light front damage.

onesexyga
03-21-2005, 10:57 AM
I thought 92-95's were 3rd gen, 96-98 4th, 99-05 5th? And yes its possible, but it would be a lot of work, and it wouldnt match the rest of the car.

pontga00
03-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Did you try Ebay?

EBlend
03-21-2005, 11:40 AM
check out www.car-part.com choose oklahoma and see if they have anything around you for your car