headlight [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : headlight

twisted2j
03-20-2005, 10:35 AM
i bought some blue headlights for my 01 grand am gt and i cant figure out how to get them in. is there some kind of clip on the bottom of the headlight assembly? thought i would ask before i tore something up!

Guga2495
03-20-2005, 10:43 AM
I think I would use the search button before you make a thread :), check the how-to's and yes there is a clip

crazypontiac03
03-20-2005, 10:50 AM
And a PITA! the frist few times!

RamAirGT22
03-20-2005, 11:20 AM
There are two clips on each headlight. Push them towards the firewall and pull up. The headlight should slide right out.

UNCTYPE-S
03-20-2005, 11:21 AM
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6680

Joeyavhu
03-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Hey. They make it sound all complicated, but, if you just bend the plastic on top out of the way, and then pull up on the first clip, you are able to slide out the headlamp enough to pull it out. Now, I would recommend, if you do this, be careful, because, the first time that you change the headlamps, you may not want to pull to hard. I broke the little bracket that you have to twist, which turns out breaks really easily and costs $15 to replace. But, if you are careful, you can pull it out a little, not to much, otherwise you could bend the other clip and then never be able to easily get it out. It just saves time, even though its not to hard to remove the front plastic. Good luck. Be careful with the blue bulbs, the police will get you pretty quick.

UNCTYPE-S
03-30-2005, 06:52 PM
may sound complicated but i bet whoever followed those instructions didnt break the piece u did.

Joeyavhu
03-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Yea. I bet your right. But, when I did it, I didnt realize that plastic came off (I may not have read the manual all that well :whistle: ), so, I was pretty much stuck with it that way. Its all better now, so, Im happy.