changed plugs & wires...hmmm [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : changed plugs & wires...hmmm

cad_99gt316
03-20-2005, 07:45 PM
well i changed my plugs and wires. my plugs were a little worn as well as the wires. after i changed them, the idiling is just a little bit more rough. i can feel a little bit more vibration. but i do have exhaust that rumbles a bit. how or when will i know that im misfiring, or some **** is messed up?

Blackrider
03-21-2005, 01:18 AM
well i changed my plugs and wires. my plugs were a little worn as well as the wires. after i changed them, the idiling is just a little bit more rough. i can feel a little bit more vibration. but i do have exhaust that rumbles a bit. how or when will i know that im misfiring, or some **** is messed up?
Just go over you plugs and wire again, Verify you fireing order. Make sure you used diolectric (SP) Grease on your plugs and posts.

Usualy when your car is warming up your PCM will detect 4-5 Misfires. But It wont trip a light untill it get much worse than that.

Speeddemon
03-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Go to your auto parts store and ask them if you can use their OBD Scanner. That'll tell you if you're having a misfire or not.

brim
03-22-2005, 08:14 PM
misfires will be picked up even if it is a single

misfire reading pick up all cylinders and multiple

rough idle can lead to a lot more however

cad_99gt316
03-23-2005, 06:33 PM
well, i should go jump off a bridge after what i found out 2day! i was waiting at a Jack in the Box drive thru for a minute and then the ''service engine soon" light comes on. right after that i went to auto zone and had them scan the problem. Cylinder 3 was misfiring. so, it was too dark too check the plug then. i finally checked it today and that freakin spark plug wasnt screwed in all the way! of course. now the idle is good, and the throttle response is better. I feel better. i hate when crap goes wrong with my car. thanks for the advice guys.

brim
03-23-2005, 11:48 PM
bingo

Grand Chileno
03-25-2005, 10:00 PM
i hate when crap goes wrong with my car. thanks for the advice guys.[/QUOTE]

Yhea!!!.........I know what you mean.

did you change the plugs yourself, if you did the three in the back suck?