woke up to a puddle of trany fluid... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : woke up to a puddle of trany fluid...

magyver
03-21-2005, 04:12 PM
anyone have this? it looks like its coming from the drivers side, in front of the cross member, there is a round looking device that looks to be causing the leak... anyone know what im talkin about?

iceman
03-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Round lookin device?????

Your trans cooler feed/returns are in the neighborhood there but I dunno about any round lookin device they go into :iconfused

atc3434
03-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Axle seal? Thats my guess, I had one go out on me this winter... wasn't a terribly expensive fix... under $200.

magyver
03-21-2005, 06:09 PM
ok, the bolt on the left iis where there is some fluid resisdu on, but doesnt make sense cause it is 3" above the area on the right that i think is leaking... so at first i thought it was above that bolt on the left, but i cant see sheot above it that is leaking nor can i see sheot above it period... so if i had to guess, it would be the seal of this thingyy... anyone got a name so i can get estimates? cause i obviously cant drive it and am not gonna tow it all aroudn the city tryin to find the best deal.... thanks in advance..

oh, and pardon my lack of part terms... if its not an led or resistor, im f'ed...

iceman
03-21-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm still lost lol :( can you zoom out a little and try again maybe?? Is that with the shroud removed?? Sorry I'm not good at photo trivia today..

atc3434
03-21-2005, 06:53 PM
Yea, I'm having a hard time with that picture too, its not just you Seth. BTW, where is my DAMN gasket. Send it, I'll be home this weekend, and it might just be warm enough to put it on.

magyver
03-21-2005, 07:32 PM
ok, same pict, but the blue is the cross member that is behind the front wheels... this is on the drivers side, kinda next to the exhaust downtube... not too far from the drivers half-shaft.. i cant get another pict cause i just took a shower and the cat litter hasnt sucked up enoough oil yet to drop down some cardboard... but i hope that tid bit helps.. but i'll get another shot tommorow when im pre-dirty...

thanks for thinkin, at least a little anyways... will provide more tommorow... plus i got some estimates today from that pict, anywares from 120-200 i guess, but that is the madtown pontaic dealer at $88/hr.. when a local pontiac dealer (small a$$ town) 20 min from madison is only $65/hr so im gonna prolly have it towed there... using my roomates AAA so free for me... otherwise it woulda been $91 for the tow alone...

iceman
03-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Damn.. brakes and power steering still workin?? Got me!! lol

Andrew, I know.. tomorrow.. I promise. I'm such a bastard :\