Are there a Non-Split rear seats? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Are there a Non-Split rear seats?

EBlend
03-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Hello
I got a 40/60 split rear seat in my car right now (2000 ga) and i was wondering if any of the ga model from 99-2005 came with a single non split seats in the back, like the back portion. Mine folds down right now, i don't want that, i want perminently fixed. Did they ever make these?

Thanks

sc02grandam
03-22-2005, 06:51 PM
damnit man.. i was going to bid for those seat covers too.. but it completely slipped my mind!! lucky sob

how high were you willing to go for them anyways?

EBlend
03-22-2005, 06:53 PM
thank you thank you :D hahaha
i was so hopping noone else would haha! i had a 3 hour class that i spend all time on ebay on hoping noone bids haha

i was only gonna go up to 200 + shipping

but got em for 150 + shipping (not sure on shipping yet, guy is gonna find out)

sc02grandam
03-22-2005, 06:59 PM
hahahahaha thats how high i was planning to bid too.. 200 bucks.. i saw the auction before i went to school.. sent the guy an email.. i was going to bid.. but just slipped my mind

well hope you enjoy those seat covers... you got hell of a deal!

EBlend
03-22-2005, 07:02 PM
yah all i need now is a non split rear seat...which model grand am had those?! was it the 4 cylinder se??

Rich
03-22-2005, 07:04 PM
i have a 4 cylinder SE and mine folds.

maybe its the completely base model?

mr_eh
03-22-2005, 07:20 PM
i have a completely base model and my seats fold as well

EBlend
03-22-2005, 07:27 PM
there is got to be a no fold down seat model, katzkins makes the darn covers for it haha

i am sure someone will know, if not I will have to make my own haha, make my fold down seats solid :)

Rich
03-22-2005, 07:28 PM
why would it matter if the seats folded down? you just wouldnt be able to fold them with the cover on right?

EBlend
03-22-2005, 07:30 PM
well i believe the single non folding seat doesn't bundge out as much by the sides, those side peices that are stationary look pretty fat. So i don't know, i guess i will know once it arrives here, but there must be a standard seat

02andahalfgt
03-22-2005, 08:35 PM
My '00 SE didn't have fold down seats and it was just about as base as you can get with these cars. Automatic and CD stereo were the only extras.

EBlend
04-23-2005, 08:04 AM
anyone else ever have a non split seat?
i am having a hard time trying to find one of these

also, are the rear seats interchangable on any of these cars?

traingeek087
04-23-2005, 09:25 AM
I belive all grand ams had these, started in 92' i believe, i had a 94 se, that had them, now i have a 99gt, it has them, my brother had a 91se, that's the last year with the fixed seat i believe. And my sister has a 00se, it has them.

To sum it up, if it's after 1991, it has the 40 60 split rear seat.

Jason E
04-23-2005, 09:41 AM
To answer the question, ALL YEARS of Grand Ams have been available with fixed rear seats. If you have a Grand Am with crank windows, you have a fixed seat. If you have PW, it folds...UNLESS you own an '03+ SE value package model. These were available with PW and have fixed seatbacks.

As a general rule, if you own a '99+ SE, its fixed. If you own an SE1 or better, its folding. As for the previous generations, it was standard on a '91 SE model (back when the SE was the nice one), optional on LEs. From '92-'98, it was optional again...my former '95 SE had a fixed seatback, as did my ex's '94 SE.

But yes, '99-'02 SE models (NOT SE1s) all have fixed seatbacks. I've sold Pontiacs for almost 5 years now...I'm paid to know crap like this :D

EBlend
04-23-2005, 09:54 AM
awsome jason thanks for the info, I know they had to exists, if they sell katzkin leather for them they must be out there, now i just need to find one

do you happen to know if the fixed seats only apply to sedans or is it possible in a coupe too? or are they different seats in the back?

need to track down a damn grand am with fixed seats

02andahalfgt
04-23-2005, 11:29 AM
I belive all grand ams had these, started in 92' i believe, i had a 94 se, that had them, now i have a 99gt, it has them, my brother had a 91se, that's the last year with the fixed seat i believe. And my sister has a 00se, it has them.

To sum it up, if it's after 1991, it has the 40 60 split rear seat.

To sum it up, you're wrong. Thanks for playing though.

02andahalfgt
04-23-2005, 11:30 AM
awsome jason thanks for the info, I know they had to exists, if they sell katzkin leather for them they must be out there, now i just need to find one

do you happen to know if the fixed seats only apply to sedans or is it possible in a coupe too? or are they different seats in the back?

Mine was a coupe.

Have you checked junk yards? Try youneedapart.com. Will most likely be pricey, but what are ya gonna do, ya know.

Jason E
04-23-2005, 12:12 PM

No problem! Indeed, coupes have fixed seats too...I remember selling a strippo '99 GA SE coupe a few years back that had a fixed seatback...it looked downright funky because I'm used to seeing the split folding seats! If you can't find one used, a dealer can always stick it to you on a new one :rolleyes:

And if that's the route you have to take, get the part# for a fixed one from a dealer and plug it into www.gmpartsdirect.com and get it cheaper! The only problem with that site is that typically you won't find a part unless you have the #...

EBlend
04-23-2005, 12:21 PM
No problem! Indeed, coupes have fixed seats too...I remember selling a strippo '99 GA SE coupe a few years back that had a fixed seatback...it looked downright funky because I'm used to seeing the split folding seats! If you can't find one used, a dealer can always stick it to you on a new one :rolleyes:

And if that's the route you have to take, get the part# for a fixed one from a dealer and plug it into www.gmpartsdirect.com and get it cheaper! The only problem with that site is that typically you won't find a part unless you have the #...

thanks i will have a look

hell before i go to the dealer to buy a new rear seat i will find a way to put that leather on my current seats haha

i will have to keep looking, might try posting an add in the paper or something, because I am sure I can swap with someone who might want rear folding seats. I assume all the points are the same, just the two leavers that need to be exchanged if i was to trade with someone else right?

Rogue9
04-23-2005, 08:42 PM
I have a 2001 SE.
Power windows, Cruise, AC.
Cloth tan seats, NON-folding back seat.
V6.

funny cause I'm considering swapping fold downs.
The hardware is all there. (hinge mount etc) just gotta get the seat hardware and latch.

EBlend
04-23-2005, 11:51 PM
too bad the seat colors are different, we could have met up (i need a damn vacation) and do a little switching hehe