Help! ABS Light and Other Problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help! ABS Light and Other Problems

string3599
03-23-2005, 06:26 PM
Hi,

I have a 99 Grand Am GT. Lately, I have been noticing some odd things about my car. Then, tonight my ABS light came on.

Symptoms:
ABS light turns on
Turn signals are fast while stopped but are normal while I am going
Last week Turn signals stopped working for about 1 minute
Hard Starting

I tried the search function but could not find any thing. Any help would be appreciated!

NorKoastal
03-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Sounds like a handfull... Did you get the recall worked on your car ??? The Hazard switch issue?? The rest you will find by searching... You didnt leave enough info..

string3599
03-23-2005, 07:07 PM
I have not had my car in for service in the past 3 years except to rotate tires and change oil. Also the it seems like the windshield wipers are slower and my power windows move up and down slower. The turn signal blinks really fast while sitting still and blinks normally while travelling down the highway. About 1 week ago the turn signals just stopped working for about 1 minute.

Thanks!

99GApunk
03-23-2005, 07:21 PM
hard starting, slow motors, turn signal trouble.... im pointing towards electrical problem, battery/alternator

Mike Jung
03-23-2005, 07:50 PM
hard starting, slow motors, turn signal trouble.... im pointing towards electrical problem, battery/alternator

*iagree*

Time for an Electrical system A.V.R. test.

Probably a bad battery &/or an alternator problem.

string3599
03-25-2005, 01:14 PM
You guys were right. It was the alternator. Going to cost $400 for a new one. It is a GM alternator and come with a lifetime warranty. Is that a good price?

99GApunk
03-25-2005, 05:14 PM
good price? 400 dollars never seems like a good price. but from gm yeah thats about right, mine was 300 something, try bargaining with them if youre at a dealer. talk about how you love gms and stuff like that and wouldnt want a bad experience to ruin your love for your car.

or you can shop around, find a cheaper one or rebuilt one and pay someone to put it in for cheaper if you dont know how to do it yourself