Paint and wires [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Paint and wires

krs_gt74
03-25-2005, 10:55 AM
Hi everyone. Ok...again i will state i am still learning more and more about cars and the motor... and modding a bit... so please bear with me. I have 2 questions,
1..... you know on the motor where it says 3400 SFI... how could i paint that.. and what do i hve to do before painting.... and 2.... i would like to change all the wires to a blue to give it a nice clean look. does anyone have any pics of the inside of their motor with all the wires donw? I would love to see what it looks like. Once again thank you all for the help. You all have been a great help to me. Thank you

Kenneth

Kdawg207
03-25-2005, 11:10 AM
Step one:

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum_guidelines.html

Step two:

11. The Search Button
Some topics have been covered hundreds of times on the forum. Chances are if you are new to the site and you have a simple question it has been covered before. Please use the search button before posting a question.

If you do post a question and someone responds back with a link to another thread your thread may get locked my a moderator. If you need follow up answers, post a reply in the old thread.

krs_gt74
03-25-2005, 01:20 PM
I took a look in search..and it was helpful with some of the pics... but did not help enough to what i have to do to start painting it etc...

Kdawg207
03-25-2005, 01:23 PM
when i painted mine...i just gave it a very quick sanding on the parts i painted...then make sure to use high temp paint...for engine applications...

mask off the area well or use a brush

i sprayed the paint into a cup and used a small brush...that way i could control the paint better and not worry about the overspray