Torque Converter question [Archive] - Forum


View Full Version : Torque Converter question

03-25-2005, 09:12 PM
I took my car to a local shop because when I am cruising from around 50 - 60 mph I get what I thought was a miss,but the guy at the shop said it's most likely caused by the torque converter.Any opinions?

He suggested a tranny flush with an additive to be added with new fluid that could fix it.What's everyones opinion on the tranny flush helping or will I most likely need to replace the converter?If I will end up needing to replace it I would rather use the money that I would have to use for the flush towards it instead of paying more in the long run.

Thanks in advance for any advice or opinions.

03-25-2005, 09:24 PM
What are symptoms? Does your RPM jump up and down when the car is trying to shift? It is something called TCC(torque converter control). My friend is a GM mechanic and his Beretta is doing the same thing. I did get a complete transmission flush at my local GM dealer and it helped a lot. I still get the jerk only once in a while, but before the flush, my car used to do it most of the times. I dunno about the additive in the tranny though. I would stay away from it.

03-26-2005, 06:17 AM
I haven't noticed any fluctuations in the rpms when my problem occurs.