Drive train (((shudder))) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Drive train (((shudder)))

blackex
03-25-2005, 11:54 PM
I have a 1995 grand am gt coupe 3.1 liter automatic

lowered and in mint condition,im experiencing this drivetrain shudder at any speeds upon accelleration only,,,tires/rims.driveshafts all fine nd actually beeen replaced trying to locate this problem,,,weeks ago even had the tranny rebuilt and this shudder/vibration just doesnt go away...anyone ever experience this? have any info? its so damn anoying..and most of all...hah get this i myself have been a technician for a long time and cant figure it out..(embarrasing huh)
"anyone" plzzzzzzzz help

95-GT
03-25-2005, 11:56 PM
Check the torque mount bracket that goes into the block. The mount bracket itself may have came loose from the block, and causing a bad vibration.

blackex
03-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Thanx for the info,but i belive my year/model is not equipped with the torque strut as you recomended

blackex
03-26-2005, 04:02 PM
Feels like a rotating shaft out of center,,but everything appears fine and most componets have been replaced with same problemmo

95-GT
03-26-2005, 04:16 PM
Thanx for the info,but i belive my year/model is not equipped with the torque strut as you recomended

yes, your year and model is equipped with it. Its on the passenger side, under the main motor mount.