I would like to program a 2001 GT key fob [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : I would like to program a 2001 GT key fob

Homer14
03-26-2005, 01:16 AM
OK I tried this in the HOW TO and was told to try here....it's probably been beaten to death but I tried a search and came up with nothing....so here go's I have two original key fobs for a 2001 GT one works and the other does not...can anyone tell me how to program the other one ???? I would really like to avoid a trip to the dealer :whistle:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway

Infernall
03-28-2005, 09:53 AM
The only way to ADD this remote is to take it to the dealer. The dealer needs to program the remote to your car with the Tech II programmer. This is the only way. Like you said, it's been beaten to death. I just went through the same thing 2 months ago with my 2001 SE and the remote I bought on ebay.

Homer14
03-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Thanks !!!!

kazakaz
03-29-2005, 05:48 AM
These are the directions that I have on how to program the remote on GM products. Not sure if it actually works, but it's worth a shot before paying a dealer to do it.

SOME-99-00 AND ALL 2000-2002 MODELS

1 SIT IN VEHICLE AND CLOSE DOOR

2 HOLD FINGER DOWN ON UNLOCK POWER DOOR LOCK SWITCH ON DRIVERS DOOR.

3 TURN IGNITION ON / OFF , ON / OFF.LEAVE KEY IN IGNITION.(DO NOT START VEHICLE, ON POSITION IS THE POSITION BEFORE START)

4 RELEASE FINGER FROM POWER DOOR LOCK.POWER DOOR LOCKS WILL CYCLE.(JUMP UP AND DOWN)

5 PRESS AND HOLD BOTH THE LOCK AND UNLOCK BUTTONS ON NEW REMOTE UNTILL YOU HEAR POWER DOOR LOCKS CYCLE.(JUMP UP AND DOWN) YOU MAY HAVE TO HOLD BOTH BUTTONS DOWN FOR 5- 20 SECONDS.

6 TAKE 2ND NEW , OR OLD REMOTE AND HOLD BOTH UNLOCK AND LOCK BUTTONS DOWN UNTILL LOCKS CYCLE.(MAY TAKE 5- 20 SECONDS)

YOU ARE DONE, EXIT VEHICLE AND TRY YOUR REMOTE.

Infernall
03-30-2005, 07:29 PM
This does not apply with a new remote. These instructions are to get your card to recognise the remote after a battery change. New remotes MUST be programmed by the dealership.

These are the directions that I have on how to program the remote on GM products. Not sure if it actually works, but it's worth a shot before paying a dealer to do it.

SOME-99-00 AND ALL 2000-2002 MODELS

1 SIT IN VEHICLE AND CLOSE DOOR

2 HOLD FINGER DOWN ON UNLOCK POWER DOOR LOCK SWITCH ON DRIVERS DOOR.

3 TURN IGNITION ON / OFF , ON / OFF.LEAVE KEY IN IGNITION.(DO NOT START VEHICLE, ON POSITION IS THE POSITION BEFORE START)

4 RELEASE FINGER FROM POWER DOOR LOCK.POWER DOOR LOCKS WILL CYCLE.(JUMP UP AND DOWN)

5 PRESS AND HOLD BOTH THE LOCK AND UNLOCK BUTTONS ON NEW REMOTE UNTILL YOU HEAR POWER DOOR LOCKS CYCLE.(JUMP UP AND DOWN) YOU MAY HAVE TO HOLD BOTH BUTTONS DOWN FOR 5- 20 SECONDS.

6 TAKE 2ND NEW , OR OLD REMOTE AND HOLD BOTH UNLOCK AND LOCK BUTTONS DOWN UNTILL LOCKS CYCLE.(MAY TAKE 5- 20 SECONDS)

YOU ARE DONE, EXIT VEHICLE AND TRY YOUR REMOTE.