Help with tranny [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help with tranny

GrahamKracka
03-26-2005, 05:23 PM
OK....so i get my LIM repaired....AGAIN...this time with the new style gasket.

anyways its been about 2 days

Occasionally when i go from reverse to drive my car stalls...and when i put it in reverse it takes about 3-5 seconds to engage...i think im about to lose my reverse.

Im not rough with it and also the car does not have the rpm surging issue. Also it doesnt matter if i just started it or if its been running for a while....happens with both conditions.

Before i take it back to the dealership and bitch...do you think my transmission has had it?

GrahamKracka
03-26-2005, 09:00 PM
bump...anybody?

at least anybody know what the hell is wrong with it?

magyver
03-26-2005, 11:42 PM
i've had the same thing... happend before my LIM leak.. but now i got a power steering thing...

GrahamKracka
03-27-2005, 04:01 PM
but its happening after i got my LIM fixed

GrahamKracka
03-28-2005, 12:36 PM
OK update on this....my reverse has gone...its just like it sits in neutral when i shift to reverse...time for a tow

GrahamKracka
03-29-2005, 01:26 AM
i wasnt really paying attention to the guy cause there was a hot ass car saleswoman talking to me....but I think the tech said something to the effect that there were chunks of metal at the bottom of the transmission and the clutch packs were welded together....is that possible?..esp on a stockish car?

CTGrandAmSE
03-29-2005, 08:18 PM
My tranny was slipping alot,brought to the dealer,they sent it out.Found out ,little metal chips were found in pan,got a new torque converter put in, and my tranny rebuilt,cost they said was around 2400.00,but only had to pay deductable of 50.00 .