removing transmission...anyone done it? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : removing transmission...anyone done it?

mike2002
03-28-2005, 10:50 AM
right now im looking for a GAGT transmission to go in my alero. i want to switch the 3.05 geared one for a 3.29 fdr one. the cost will only be about $200 figuring in selling my older transmission when im done

ive removed engines and tranmissions before, but never on a fwd car, or the one time i did it didn't matter if i was cutting the the harness's.

i looked in my hanes manual, and it gives step by step, by dropping the entire front cradle. is this the preffered method? i dont have access to a car lift, this would be done in my garage, and it doesn't matter if it takes 3 or 4 days.

any extra input would help. i do have someone i can get in touch with to help me with this, but id prefer to do it myself, with the help of my dad (who's done this on older cars) so its a learning experience, and obviously they would charge me for there help.

if anyones done this, let me know any hints or tricks to doing this

thanks!

Blackrider
03-28-2005, 11:21 AM
I have never taken a ga's tranny out.

But you going to need to deal with computer issues to.

mike2002
03-28-2005, 12:23 PM
ya, ill most likely try to get the powertuner software since my next car will most likely be l67 powered, and you can edit 2 cars with it. i may just get a dhp programmed pcm though

Blackrider
03-28-2005, 12:37 PM
ya, ill most likely try to get the powertuner software since my next car will most likely be l67 powered, and you can edit 2 cars with it. i may just get a dhp programmed pcm though
I wouldent try running an L67 through a 4T45E.

mike2002
03-28-2005, 01:31 PM
i meant the next car ill buy, probably a gtp

Blackrider
03-28-2005, 01:32 PM
i meant the next car ill buy, probably a gtp
aww