A question and advice [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : A question and advice

krs_gt74
03-28-2005, 06:56 PM
OK..before someone tells me look up in the search, I have.

I have mailed some peole to ask fo rhelp but yet to receive any mail so here i am asking. Tomorrow i am going shopping for a muffler.2 mufflers i am guessing..since my car has 2. I am a car dummy and still learning all this stuff... but i want to make my car sound a bit louder.It has a mean look,and i want to give it a mean sound. I am not interested in changing the pipe and headers just yet. I just want to do the mufflers for now.

So my question is what are my options? What would be good to look for what i want? It would be nice to get some feed back from youall since most of us have Grand am's..cause most people i know drive the honda's or Integra's.

I just want an idea.. and what to do so when i go looking tomorrow.. i will not get suckered into something i am not sure about. Thank you

Kenneth

02andahalfgt
03-28-2005, 07:15 PM
I'd say save and buy the SLP, but I don't know how bad they rock people for shipping to Canada.
A lot of people seem to like the Flowmasters, it's all personal preferance, you're gonna get a lot of different oppinions around here.

One thing I can tell you for sure is that you only have 1 muffler, single inlet/dual outlet. :thumbs:

krs_gt74
03-28-2005, 08:26 PM
I myself am not sure about shipping also. But being that i only live an hour fromt eh US border..maybe i can find a shope in the US near Montreal.. and have it done there. I am just looking for something to get more of a rumble ..I am not looking to wake the dead... but anything would be better than my stock exhaust

krs_gt74
03-29-2005, 11:13 AM
I see what you meant by single exhaust... i was not even aware of this... thanks for the info ;)

02andahalfgt
03-29-2005, 05:10 PM
:thumbs: Not a problem. That's why we're here. :)