Took car to dealer and.... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Took car to dealer and....

gagt2k3
03-29-2005, 09:01 AM
they did what I needed done, and they found that my LIM gasket was leaking. They did not know how bad or what but they suggested it be fixed and that would run about 600 dollars.

My car just rolled over 50,000 miles I have read up on the gasket problems ever since I have had my car, and I thought that I could have seen the symptoms. Now do you guys think, that even though the only symptom so far is that I have is burning more oil than normal, my gaskets need to be done right away?

And where is the best place to get your gaskets done? the dealer?

Thanks

pontga00
03-29-2005, 09:42 AM
I would get it done as soon as possible. If there is a local shop around you that you can trust, have it done there...it will be cheaper.

dahvaio
03-29-2005, 04:58 PM
I was quoted $800 from my dealer... I would jump on a $600 price any time of the day...

gagt2k3
03-29-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks guys, I picked up my car from the dealer and they said 650 dollars approx. to fix it. I'm gonna call around to some other shops and see if they can do better. I looked at the oil now that I got it home, and it looks like it has a hint of dexcool green.....

at least I made it to 50,000 with no problems..... now I need new tires and gaskets :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

GTLUVA
03-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Damn that's outrageuous. I took my car to the dealer and they installed my new tailz for me for free. All I had to pay was $3.00 for my breakfast at Hardees while they had my car lol I can see the flames already comin lol I'm hoping I can get some more free silver paint out of the dealership for my bodykit they have right now in their hands. Time will tell I guess.

99GApunk
03-29-2005, 07:56 PM
Damn that's outrageuous. I took my car to the dealer and they installed my new tailz for me for free. All I had to pay was $3.00 for my breakfast at Hardees while they had my car lol I can see the flames already comin lol I'm hoping I can get some more free silver paint out of the dealership for my bodykit they have right now in their hands. Time will tell I guess.

what does that have to do with replacing a LIM gasket?

mine cost 500 dollars with a couple little things as well. get it done ASAP. if you can find a friendly place you know, go there for the same price or cheaper. if not. tell the dealer you can and only will pay 600 and see what they say, thats definitely not too bad of a price