wierd sound!!!!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : wierd sound!!!!!

snow1er
03-29-2005, 09:37 AM
when i am rolling or driving at any speed and turn the steering wheel just a little to the left i get a funny vibration. it feels like it is in the strut or steering components. It is an up and down shaking that is very light but definitly there. any ideas? it is only when i turn to the left. I have strut braces and eibach lowering springs that a good shop put in.

Blackrider
03-29-2005, 10:09 AM
when i am rolling or driving at any speed and turn the steering wheel just a little to the left i get a funny vibration. it feels like it is in the strut or steering components. It is an up and down shaking that is very light but definitly there. any ideas? it is only when i turn to the left. I have strut braces and eibach lowering springs that a good shop put in.

Wrong section.

Sounds like a driver side wheel bearing.

Roadkill
03-29-2005, 11:11 AM
check the driver side ball bearings and tie-rods.

bszopi
03-29-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm going with the wheel bearing as well...

KeyserSosa2000
03-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Could be powersteering....I had that on my old truck.

GrahamKracka
03-30-2005, 01:06 PM
i had that problem...it was the wheel bearing

tenspeed
03-30-2005, 05:35 PM
It sounds like the right front bearing. They start making noises when the wheel is turned. A turn to the left puts pressure on the right front bearing.

You can wait until it's really starts making noise before it needs changing. I drove fron NY to Daytona with a noisy bearing.