The plastic piece on front seatbelt [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : The plastic piece on front seatbelt

AznGA
03-30-2005, 11:57 AM
I was wondering what the hell was ruining some of my shirts, and I fould out this piece is broken and the sharp edge was rubbing against my shirts. Does anyone know how to take this off? I don't want to use a flat head and ruin the belt. If I do get a new piece, will it clip on easily?

Braves299
03-30-2005, 12:12 PM
I would just try a knife, and cut the remaining part of that narrow piece that is barely hanging on. Then the other side, will slide right through. That piece broke on mine as well, and then the other side just fell right out.

AznGA
03-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Did you end up replacing it? It's not a big deal, but it would be nice if I didn't have to reach down for the plug all the time.....

Braves299
03-30-2005, 12:22 PM
No I never replaced it, but it's really not a big deal to me. I don't think its so bad.

Torque75
03-30-2005, 12:53 PM
This thing is called the stop kit GM part # 12459810.
To remove it: from the area that you can see the nipple use a "U" shape screwdriver, is like a pry bar but of the size of a screw driver. From the flat side just a flat head screw driver, it works ok. If you don't have the "U" shaped screw driver use pliers, after all is already broke. Make sure that you mark were you took the old one out with like a safety pin.

Now to replace it is easy, buy the new part trough the dealer or go to www.gmpartsdirect.com and use the part number that I wrote at the beginning, is cheaper on line. Remember were did the nipple side was or look at the other seat belt, the part slides easy on the existent hole. The new part has a sharp end on it, make sure is present when you buy the part or you will never be able to place it in, when you press it in place protect your finger with a piece of cloth and press, do not use pliers or any other metal, finally break the sharp end off and you're done.

If you have more questions email me.

mr_eh
03-30-2005, 12:55 PM
just wrap it with electrical tape..

AznGA
03-30-2005, 01:15 PM
This thing is called the stop kit GM part # 12459810.
To remove it: from the area that you can see the nipple use a "U" shape screwdriver, is like a pry bar but of the size of a screw driver. From the flat side just a flat head screw driver, it works ok. If you don't have the "U" shaped screw driver use pliers, after all is already broke. Make sure that you mark were you took the old one out with like a safety pin.

Now to replace it is easy, buy the new part trough the dealer or go to www.gmpartsdirect.com and use the part number that I wrote at the beginning, is cheaper on line. Remember were did the nipple side was or look at the other seat belt, the part slides easy on the existent hole. The new part has a sharp end on it, make sure is present when you buy the part or you will never be able to place it in, when you press it in place protect your finger with a piece of cloth and press, do not use pliers or any other metal, finally break the sharp end off and you're done.

If you have more questions email me.

Thanks a lot! Interestingly enough, on the driver side belt, the nibble faces down and for the passenger side belt, the nipple faces up. And I bought this car new.

tenspeed
03-30-2005, 06:38 PM
just wrap it with electrical tape..

Then you'll get black goo on your shirts.

The stud snapped off of mine and I drilled the larger disk and used a 6/32 screw and washer to hold it in place.