Wheel/Transmission problems [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Wheel/Transmission problems

carsarecool
04-02-2005, 05:48 PM
I posted a little while back about a very small trans fluid leak on the passenger side of the car, some people said it was the axle shaft seal or something but i didnt get a chance to get it looked at yet- now sometimes when i make a turn, mostly left ones the car wont go, like il push the gas exiting the turn and itll rev up to 2500-3500 and wont accelerate, then when as i turn the wheels back straight it catches and sort of slams the car forward, not too hard but its noticeable. Sort of like...if you were putting it in neutral and revving it while it was moving then putting it in drive. Is that anything to do with low fluid? I added 1/2 quart yesterday...still does it

also there is a faint grinding/rubbing noise coming from the front that goes with the speed of the car, meaning its louder and faster as i accelerate more. Kinda soothing but i also dont want the wheels to fall off haha sounds like a wheel bearing but could it be driveshaft/transmission related too?

carsarecool
04-04-2005, 12:02 PM
nothin huh

drumking1721
09-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Ok since so much yelling and argueing has been going on about thread posts and stuff,i found this old one to ask in. I had my transmission rebuilt a month ago. 3-4 days ago i hear a popping and stuff on the passenger side. Open my hood today and notice the drive shaft has a gap between itself and the transmission...heres the pic. Sorry its from my phone,but it shows it. Its the blue area. Oh to mention, its mainly popping on left turns....

drumking1721
09-20-2007, 06:15 PM
bumper

Sprucegagt
09-20-2007, 07:55 PM
Sounds like the shop may of damaged the axle shaft. The gap is normal and shouldn't be a problem as long as it's not leaking. But the popping noise may be from the bearings shifting inside the shaft. I'd take it back and make the shop fix it.

drumking1721
09-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Thats what im gonna do tomorrow first thing, I don't have classes tomorrow,so im free,and all that is under warranty. I just wasnt sure if the spacing there was normal. I looked online for pics,and couldn't find anything. thanks