Change to MOMO Hub & Race Steering Wheel [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Change to MOMO Hub & Race Steering Wheel

rabbitt1100
04-05-2005, 12:33 PM
I already have the aftermarket steering wheel and the MoMo Hub for changing out my stock steering wheel to the aftermarket one, but I got looking at the steering wheel assembly and I am not about to rip that apart without some major guidance. Can any of you help me with this? Or is this something I should just take to the shop to get upgraded? Help me out please, thanks guy.

-Jim

mr_eh
04-05-2005, 12:34 PM
just a lil question, here in ny i dont think you can pass inspection without having an air bag on the driver side iirc, in michigan they dont have such a law?

and from what i understand, theres a lot of work involved changing anything with the steering wheel...

Joker694
04-05-2005, 12:46 PM
michigan does not have vehicle inspections

Malaclypse
04-05-2005, 12:47 PM
Federal law prohibits the removal of safety equipment that the vehicle was equipped with from the factory.

Its not exactly widely enforced... but personally I wouldn't take the risk of serious injury or death because I wanted a steering wheel that looked cool.

rabbitt1100
04-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Well I still need oto knwo how to do it anyways... besides, my airbags dont work anyways so they arent gonna do me a lick of good if i crash. Besides if I crash and die I better be going at least 100mph but I'll guarentee I have a smile on my face! Besides, driving with no airbag sure as heck wont be near as dangerous when Im on either of my motorcycles or my snowmobile... so in my opinion my airbag can go to hell! lol... anyways, anyone know how to change it though?

onesexyga
04-06-2005, 06:38 AM
You exceed speeds in excess of 100 MPH? :rolleyes:

rabbitt1100
04-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Me? Never. But if I die in my car I better be doing at least that fast (that way i wont feel much of anything).

onesexyga
04-06-2005, 11:13 AM
My subtle sarcasm must have escaped you. Note the bold text.

rabbitt1100
04-06-2005, 10:36 PM
Well I gave up and took it to my friends shop, had it done in less than an hour. I'll get soem pics hopefully tomorrow and I'll toss em on here so ya'll can take a look, it looks awesome in my opinion, flows perfectly with the interior.