Windows Don't Work [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Windows Don't Work

NaturalKonc3pt
04-06-2005, 09:26 PM
My windows dont really go up or down anymore. they are power windows. I was wondering if it is the motor or what. Any suggestions would help and how do I get to the window motor if that is it. cuz i looked and its really hard to see anything in the door.

SC/TGrandAm
04-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Start out with checking fuses. If they arent blown then check wiring and everything else.

When you say windows, your talking more than one quit working?

NaturalKonc3pt
04-06-2005, 09:51 PM
yea... both driverside and passenger side windows stopped working they work for a little bit but they only move like 1 inch or so then it stops... then if you wait like 10 or 15 min it moves like another inch.... i'm thinkin maybe the motor heats up or somethin? I'll check the wiring though and i looked at the fuses but i'll double check.

SC/TGrandAm
04-06-2005, 10:00 PM
well nevermind it wont be the fuse if they intermittently work. Very odd that they would all go out at once, gotta be something in the wiring.

Have you done any wiring work on your car lately? if so time to do some backtracking.

SilverGAGT04
04-07-2005, 09:35 PM
This is going to sound wierd, but make sure your battery cables are tight and clean. If they are, it sounds like 2 bad window motors or the windows are binding somehow.

iceman
04-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Window regulators... common problem, go read the forums. SC/T come on you should pick up on that kind of stuff lol

:cheers:

SC/TGrandAm
04-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Window regulators... common problem, go read the forums. SC/T come on you should pick up on that kind of stuff lol

:cheers:

Yeah, your right I should. I have officially lost count how many times I have replaced the regulators on mine. In fact I have an appointment on Tuesday to get my passenger side fixed yet again.

NaturalKonc3pt
04-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Thanks I'll give em' all a try wiring first cuz i have done some wiring but where are the regulators?

SilverGAGT04
04-08-2005, 08:55 PM
The regulators move the glass up and down in the door.

NaturalKonc3pt
04-09-2005, 02:01 AM
well the i took a look at the regulators and I regreased them and they dont look bent or anything i checked all the wiring and that was good and when i try to use the windows it did the same thing. it worked for about an inch then just kinda died. i'm thinkin its the motor. does anyone know how to replace it. i can see it but how do i get to it. you cant really get in there!?

SilverGAGT04
04-09-2005, 05:05 PM
3 gold 10 mm screws hold the motor in. Take them out and pull the motor out. Tape the window up first before removing the motor. Then put the new motor in the hole and turn it up and down till it fits in. Then put the screws in and then see if it works.

coupe
04-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Im one lucky SOB. No probs after 6 years. Its gonna happen sooner or later though.

NaturalKonc3pt
04-09-2005, 07:52 PM
alright I guess i'm gonna be puttin in new window motors this weekend. thanks for all the help guys!