help me out with this problem... car vibrating bad [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : help me out with this problem... car vibrating bad

grandaman
04-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey my car is broke yet again. It seems as if I am taking this thing into the shop every other week for something to get fixed. I just paid 500 to get the LIM gasket fixed and another 400 for new brakes all the way around. NOW, I get into my car and start it as usual. But the damn thing is vibrating really bad. I put it in reverse to back out of the spot, and soon as i give it some gas the vibrating stops. So i'm like great, whatever. So I get in my car again today and it does the SAME thing. Only when I go and park it after I am done driving it I have to wait in my parking spot wi th my car on to wait for the girlfriend. And then after about 5 minutes of running on idel with no problems the thing just stalls out of nowhere. I try and start it back up and it does, but stall again instantly. I try it again, this time giving it some gas as soon as it starts and it worked. but then there was a bad smell coming from the car. Please help me guys, I really can't afford more money to shgell out on this thing. If it is going to cost me a lot I am just going to say screw it and trade the damn thing in.

i just went out to do some inspection under the hood. the only thing that I have noticed was that the boot from the PCV valve has a split in it right up to the 90 degree bend. But that won't have anything to do with my problem would it? It would probably explain my service engine light though...

atc3434
04-07-2005, 02:20 PM
That would have a lot to do w/ the problem. A vacumn leak is going to play havoc w/ your idle and driveablity. Should be an easy fix. Getting the code read for the light wouldn't hurt either.

SilverGAGT04
04-07-2005, 08:05 PM
I bet you'll have a P0300 in the system. Thats a missfire code. I bet your car is missing. Probably clogged injectors... if you have a P0300, go to a GM dealer and buy some fuel detergent. It is $20 for a bottle but it works really good. Run that through your car and see what happens.

grandaman
04-07-2005, 09:31 PM
i just did one of those injector cleaners maybe 15,000 miles ago... You are talking about the stuff you mix with your gas right? Do you think they would clog that bad in only 15k miles? Thanks for the replies guys...

SilverGAGT04
04-08-2005, 07:50 PM
It is quite possible. I have seen injectors clog 3000 miles after cleaning. Thats all I can say about that.