Spark plugs [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Spark plugs

sdeluca
04-07-2005, 09:59 PM
What is the easy way to get the back 3 plug out? thanks

SilverGAGT04
04-09-2005, 05:07 PM
There is nothing you can do to make it easier. Just wait till the engines cool and do it.

NorKoastal
04-09-2005, 08:43 PM
There is... A tool that looks like a screwdriver with a u bend on the end can help you get off the sticky boots that like to glue themselves to the plug.. The plug itself shouldnt be too bad with a decent extension.....

tenspeed
04-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Some people have removed the coil packs, tilted the engine forward or removed the right front wheel. Others use a U joint thing or hire small children to reach the back plugs.

AndyVTek
04-09-2005, 09:26 PM
It's really not that hard. Just feel your way around. The trick is to remember the angles that the plugs came out so putting them back in is easier.

DjSylentMystyk
04-11-2005, 05:49 AM
Some people have removed the coil packs, tilted the engine forward or removed the right front wheel. Others use a U joint thing or hire small children to reach the back plugs.

I heard you can hire small children around the back alley 7-11 areas. They work for candy....

BlkSnShn
04-14-2005, 10:17 AM
And cheap candy at that ... I got 8 of them to shovel my driveway for half a bag of no-name Gummy bears. It was a little pricey, but they did chip the ice away from my garage.

As far as the spark plugs go, take Andy's advice and feel your way through it. PITA but it worked for me ...