Possible Coolant recall? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Possible Coolant recall?

XMBlackGT1
04-08-2005, 07:00 PM
I work for Enterprise Rent A Car and have noticed that all of our 2005 Grand Am SE1 V6's and GT's have gotten recall notices. I personally dont have any in my rental fleet, because I service a Nissan/Chrysler dealership, but have noticed on many occasions that the 2005 Grand Am se's and GT's are marked in our computer "XXXX dealership- coolant recall". I have been unable to track down one of the letters for this problem, but am wondering if it is something that might help some us with leaky LIM's to get them fixed? They made absolutely no changes in the engine for the 05 model year. *Before I get flamed, Pontiac made the Grand Am SE for the 2005 model year for FLEET only*

I called the local Pontiac dealership and they know who I am and i was told that I would be "Taken care of", so I dont have to worry. They wont tell me though what the recall exactly covers- Might be something that can help more people out.

SilverGAGT04
04-08-2005, 08:59 PM
I work at a Pontiac dealer and heard nothing of this and to make it straight, the 04-05 3.4L have different LIM gaskets then the 99-03. I will let you know what I hear when i hear something.

Malaclypse
04-08-2005, 11:18 PM
I just looked through recalls and PIs and couldn't find anything. If I find something I'll post the entire recall here.

SilverEcstasy
04-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Shawn! You work for enterprise, I have to ask you a question.

I want to rent a car in Florida for my vacation. They will not let me rent cause i'm too young, so my gf will rent it because she is old enough. Unfortunately, they're requiring a Credit Card to reserve it and she got rid of all hers, so they won't let HER rent it. Is there anyway to get around this? Or do the paperwork up here so its said and done and we get to rent the car down in florida? I could really use your advice!

SilverGAGT04
04-11-2005, 07:37 PM
It is a emissions related PCM recall on GA's, trucks, vans, and other cars. Nothing coolant related.

XMBlackGT1
04-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Shawn! You work for enterprise, I have to ask you a question.

I want to rent a car in Florida for my vacation. They will not let me rent cause i'm too young, so my gf will rent it because she is old enough. Unfortunately, they're requiring a Credit Card to reserve it and she got rid of all hers, so they won't let HER rent it. Is there anyway to get around this? Or do the paperwork up here so its said and done and we get to rent the car down in florida? I could really use your advice!

Hey Mike- Unfortunately, there really isnt a way around the credit card thing for renting a car. If you were an in state resident, (in this case, Florida), there wouldn't be a problem, since they would let you use cash. But, I know that out of state residents are not allowed to use cash as a primary security on the vehicle. I will check into it tomorrow at work, just to be sure and I will let you know for sure tomorrow night. later- Shawn