Electrical nightmare!! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Electrical nightmare!!

awaadster3
04-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Must be the worst car problem i have run into since i got the car. I had just bought a new set of blue cc and decieded to install them today.. no biggie... Ya right. I got'em installed and working as soon, but as i turned the engine on the LED's and cc turn off so does my custom switch panel in the cubby.

When i go check for any problems i notice sparks from the driver side fuse box where my wire is connected to the 25-wiper. it turns out that the wire was contacted some metal and i took care of that. But know my wiper, trunk, and automatic seat don't work and i don't think the fuses are blown cause i tired them on the passanger side and they work fine. ALSO when i can't turn the car on it would crank forever and not start. AND none of the speakers work (i can't hear sound but can turn the radio on) and instead of it saying monsoon when turning on the radio it says BOSE in
stead of monsoon.

Does any know the solution to this problem. I need my car workin again ASAP!!! THAnks in advanced for any help.

sc02grandam
04-09-2005, 10:07 PM
check the fuses (under the hood as well)

and you mightve killed a main power wire somewhere if it short cct'ed

awaadster3
04-09-2005, 10:13 PM
check the fuses (under the hood as well)

and you mightve killed a main power wire somewhere if it short cct'ed

If i killed a main power wire does that mean i have to tow in to a dealer? Also is there a device i can use to check fuses?

SilverGAGT04
04-09-2005, 10:25 PM
A test light connected to a good ground can be used to test them. Then with the test light touch the little silver dots on the fuse with the key on. Both ends of each fuse should light the light. If one end lights and the other dont, that fuse is popped. If a fuse doesnt light on either side right now, dont worry about it. Or you could just pull each one and look at it.

sc02grandam
04-09-2005, 10:30 PM
i see you have 2004.. so if worst comes worst... pull out all the crap you installed and call the dealership claiming you have no idea why it wont turn on

awaadster3
04-10-2005, 11:00 AM
i have read of similar problems. but i hear my fuel pump when i trun my car on and i have a 1/2 tank full. Also the work worked fine all day it just acted up when i went back to check the fuse box.

Also is it possible that is the threft-passlock??? When i turn the car in the ON posstion the SECURITY and ABS light remain on.

I have also read about pulling fuses so the car can re-learn, will that help?

awaadster3
04-10-2005, 02:07 PM
anyone... my ga is stuck in the garage and i need help

e2helper
04-10-2005, 04:02 PM
As others said it sounds like you blew one of the underhood maxifuses. Take a look at your underhood electrical center at the larger fuses

http://www.geocities.com/raj380/malibu_nolf/misc/04gafuselabel.gif

I would focus on fuses numbered 1 and 5. Pull them out, take a look look and see they look blown

awaadster3
04-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks for all the help. I got an update. I took the car to the dealer and they checked it out. I blew the maxi-fuses and a couple other ones. they get'em replaced and the car runs fine.

they told me its covered under warranty only if there was a shock to the system if there was none i will have to pay $112.

ndprunner22
04-25-2005, 04:33 PM
so u dont have a bose problem anymore?
do u know what fuse it was
can u list the fuses u blew?
because i get that problem alot

thanks

steve

awaadster3
04-25-2005, 04:43 PM
ya lettme go check i'll post tonight

awaadster3
04-26-2005, 10:23 AM
alright i'm not totally sure wich fuses they under the hood but i got there part numbers.

one was a 30 and the other was a 40 fuse. i'll try to figure out which ones they were

ndprunner22
04-28-2005, 03:38 PM
those are just fuses? do u know what slot in the fuse box it was because my radio fuse is fine

awaadster3
04-28-2005, 04:02 PM
alright i hope this helps.

They are the maxi fuses # 1 & 5 under the hood

#1 IGN SW - BATT 2 (30A)
#5 L/H BEC BATT 1 (40A)

bigbenSC
04-28-2005, 04:53 PM
When the radio says BOSE on it, it is not a radio fuse problem, but an amplifier fuse problem. The radio is still getting power, but the amp won't turn on, check that fuse.

AaronGAGT
04-28-2005, 05:13 PM
They wanted to charge $112 to replace 2 fuses? bahahaha!

awaadster3
04-28-2005, 07:45 PM
ya those #%$^*ers. Man i coulda went to walmart and bought em for $7 and fixed it myself with a simple light bulb test. :rage: :rage: :banghead :bleep:

so ya never trust a dealer cause they over price you (ie. $13 for disposing of hazurdous material (fuses) )

ChrisB
04-30-2005, 08:18 AM
When the radio says BOSE on it, it is not a radio fuse problem, but an amplifier fuse problem. The radio is still getting power, but the amp won't turn on, check that fuse.

...whats the deal with the monsoon again??? Why does it say bose??? Where's the amp???