Hissing sound [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hissing sound

Graxall
04-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Im not sure where i would post this and since i post here 90% of the time i figured ide start here and let a mod move it later. Ok heres my problem. I got this damn hissing sound comming from my dashboard. It sounds like its comming from my headunit but its not cuz ive had my headunit for like 6monthes and it has never done that, also theres nothing in the head unit that cud make this sound. Its definately comming from behind the head unit in the dash, it just sounds like a small air pump slowly spitting out air, the weird part about this is that wen i accelerate to about 2.5k rpms the hissing stops and wen i let go it starts up again..Not sure wat this problem cud be. Somone told me the HVAC hoses that make the air switch direction, wud like to know where they are exactly so i can check em lol thanks

SilverGAGT04
04-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Do you know how to take the center cover that goes over the radio and stuff right? Remove that and take the 2 screws out that hold the A/C control head in. On the back side, there are like 6 vaccum lines that are all different colors. See if one of those pulled out of the clear plastic connector. The other possiblity is that the mode selector valve is broken.

mchristy
04-11-2005, 07:13 PM
Do you know how to take the center cover that goes over the radio and stuff right? Remove that and take the 2 screws out that hold the A/C control head in. On the back side, there are like 6 vaccum lines that are all different colors. See if one of those pulled out of the clear plastic connector. The other possiblity is that the mode selector valve is broken.

I don't have the hissing sound but my HVAC will not properly route the air to the selected setting on the cent selector. No matter what setting I have it on, some air is coming out of every vent. What is the cause of this? expensive fix? 2001 GT

SilverGAGT04
04-12-2005, 05:16 PM
My guess would be that the mode selector switch in the heater control unit is busted. I have no idea on the cost.