Stupid People ... Bump and Run Problem [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Stupid People ... Bump and Run Problem

GAGT7386
04-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Just got home tonight from going out to eat with the old girl ... and as I pulled into the garage I noticed there was some scatches on my rear bumper and a few of them were down to the primer. I don't want to take it to a body shop b/c it'll cost me a crap load! So I am thinking that I can just sand it down a bit to smooth out the scratches and then use touch up paint and clear coat to fix it. Would that work or not? Suggestions welcomed!

Fenderman
04-11-2005, 05:44 AM
hey, dont try it yourself you'll mess it up. Find a cheap shop. I got my bumper painted 2 years ago for 120 and it still looks great.

Sam

DjSylentMystyk
04-11-2005, 06:19 AM
Back when I was driving around a grand prix that was my grandfather's (it was a 96) Some douchebag clipped my front bumper with a shopping cart that went down to the primer. In order to not have him be ****ed at me I sanded it down hardcore and used the dealer paint code. He noticed anyways....

GAGT7386
04-11-2005, 04:03 PM
I think that I just got my insurance company to cover the damages ... great now I get a whole new rear bumper!

bigbenSC
04-11-2005, 04:20 PM
I think that I just got my insurance company to cover the damages ... great now I get a whole new rear bumper!
And your're on your way to higher insurance. The 150 bucks or so that it would cost to get a decent shop to fix it would be far cheaper in the long run.

GAGT7386
04-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Yea that is what I thought to begin with too so that is why I wanted to do it myself. But I just got off the phone with my agent earlier, and I guess I have "broadin' collition insurance" or something like that so if there is no driver at fault, then I guess my insurance doesn't move and my deductable is wavied pretty good stuff!