power window motor [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : power window motor

jdog
04-14-2005, 08:33 AM
how do i change the power window motor on a 95 grand amdrivers side

piratefan
04-14-2005, 09:02 AM
i had a problem with my power windows and I just took it to the shop because there was too much electrical stuff in my door and i didn't feel like messing with it

NaturalKonc3pt
04-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Its easy.... take off your door panel you'll see 4 silver rivets right below the door handle that hold the motor and regulator in place. b4 you drill them out make sure you tape the window up or support it so it doesnt fall. disconnect the window from the regulator. then unbolt the bottom portion of the regulator from the door. then drill out the rivets and pull out the motor and regulator in one piece. then drill out 3 more rivets that hold the motor to the regulator. when you buy you new motor it will come with new hardware to mount it the motor to the regulator. you'll have to go to a hardware store and get your self a 1/4 diameter bolt and bolt the new motor/regulator assembly together. dont forget to regrease the regulator and the teeth on the motor and regulator. make sure b4 you bolt it back to the door that it all works going up and down then put it back in the door and you'll probably have to move the motor up and down so you can get your new bolt in place. once you bolt the motor and regulator in, rebolt the two lower regulator bolts back to the door, then rebolt the two window bolts back on to the regultor. take off your tape and see if it works. if it does hooray. if it doesnt work then see if your regulator is binding. if you have any problems w/ the words i can send you some pictures.

jimraelee
04-17-2005, 01:11 PM
I have to open up my door and fix my elec locks that dosent seem to be working on my 94ga... Ill be making a nice how to with pics if you want... but its just as described above

jdog
05-15-2005, 08:23 PM
looking at the regulator motor assembly like it was inside the door how does the spring coil thing go on does it loop over the top or the bottom of the thing that it sits on and i know that it needs some kind of tension cause the thing flew appart when i took the motor off but how much and what size bolts do i use to put the assembly back to the door thanks for the info guys really appreciate it

intrikitemo
05-16-2005, 09:30 AM
i had a prob with both sides of ym windows..they fell off the white clips...ohhh joy..the windows didnt break..but i had to go buy new one from the dealer..$60

with come good old window sealant.. they sure the **** wont come off now..

either way...found it kind of odd how my windows just came off its hinges and somehow broke the plastic white peices :S either way they are fixed now..

in other note... changing ur power window motor is too simple...

jdog
05-20-2005, 08:52 PM
got it thanks