HELP SE-GT conversion [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : HELP SE-GT conversion

Rich
04-14-2005, 04:10 PM
ok so im doing the conversion. those pin things are such a pain!! anyway i got the front on kind of. but how do you get the stock side rockers off and the rear off. the search really isnt helping me out much right now. the rear we have all the screw you can see off. but i guess we have to get the tailights off. how do you o that. and with the rockers. do you jsut pull them off and rip stuff out? thanks in advance.

02andahalfgt
04-14-2005, 04:46 PM
The side skirts are clipped/screwed up the fender well and underneath I believe. To take the tails off, open the trunk and peel back the carpet, 4 thumb screws and unplug them and they're out.

As far as your other questions, sorry, can't help.

Rich
04-14-2005, 05:34 PM
ok well we got the rear changed i remebered hearing about pulling the carpet back. and we have all the screws off the side skirts. i saw this old post and BOTLFED said something about 3 screws underneath it and then you can just pull forward? i dont know. thanks for your help jon.

botlfed
04-14-2005, 06:26 PM
ok well we got the rear changed i remebered hearing about pulling the carpet back. and we have all the screws off the side skirts. i saw this old post and BOTLFED said something about 3 screws underneath it and then you can just pull forward? i dont know. thanks for your help jon.

you have to pull out the screws on the underside of the rockers.....

should be 6-8 of them
and one on each end

I believe there are 11 clips into the side of the car
the 3 front ones are opposite of the rest
once the front 3 are unclipped you can slide the rocker forward or backward(I don't recall which way)

are you working in a garage? and still working on this tonite??

Rich
04-14-2005, 08:06 PM
we have all the screws out but how exactly do you get to the clips? i was under there and couldnt really see much. i was working on it in my brothers parking lot. im done for tonight but if i can figure out how to do this i would like and try to finish it tomorow morning. thanks for your reply.

botlfed
04-14-2005, 08:30 PM
you get to them from the topside.

if you pull the rocker out you can see the white clips

use 2 thin screwdrivers to squeeze the clip together

it looks like this....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/knievel/crappyrockerclipdrawing.jpg

Squeeze at the 2 X's
on the front 3, you will then see what direction they are facing (front or back)
and the rest are the opposite, at that point you can slide the rocker in that direction

Do you already have the GT rockers??
if yes, just look at the backside of them, they attach the same way

don't mind my mad paintskillz

Rich
04-15-2005, 01:27 PM
thanks for your reply brandon. your MaD PaInTsKiLlZ helped me know exactly what i was looking for. i ended up just squeezing all of the pins instead of just the front three. i have the SCT rockers and they dont have those clips on them so it looked different. man i had no idea how much of a pain this was all going to be but oh well. itll be worth it. thanks again.

botlfed
04-17-2005, 02:15 PM
no problemo, I didn't realize the sc/t ockers didn't have those clips

post up pics when your done