how to install cc wit a resistor [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : how to install cc wit a resistor

awaadster3
04-14-2005, 06:22 PM
hi. i know this sounds like a repost but its not 1've used the search and it was a bit helpful. The last time i tried installing my cc to the sunroof fuse i blew to maxi-fuses lleaving me wit a dead car.

anyways i got the car fixed and i want to install my cc. i have them connected to a custom made switch in the cubby. the + in the sunrood fuse and the - grounded but it works fine when the car is off but it won;t work wit the engine on cause of the voltage rise.

i read this thread: http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42958&highlight=cathode

but didn't know how to connect a resistor or a +12V Fixed-Voltage Regulator 7812. what do i connect it to??

ur help is extremly apreciated .. thanks

sc02grandam
04-14-2005, 08:09 PM
http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~waheed/car/cctube.JPG

the voltage regulator will probably need a ground

id recommend a voltage regulator unless if you know how to calculate the proper resistance... if you can tell me how many amps each tube uses and how many you are connecting and how are you connecting them (parrallel or series) then i can tell you the proper resistance if thats the way you want to procede

awaadster3
04-14-2005, 09:11 PM
the voltage regulator will probably need a ground

id recommend a voltage regulator unless if you know how to calculate the proper resistance... if you can tell me how many amps each tube uses and how many you are connecting and how are you connecting them (parrallel or series) then i can tell you the proper resistance if thats the way you want to procede

below is a diagram of my setup i hope its clear. these tubes are being installed parallel to each other in the footwells.

This is the info from the box:
* Length: 12" (3mm dia.)
* Avg Brightness: 30,000 cd/m^2
* output of inverter: 680V
* Curent draw: 5.0 mA
thanks
ammar

awaadster3
04-15-2005, 08:11 AM
if i use a resistor or a regulator do i just wrap the wire around the metal ends? Or do you think i have a pinched wire?

awaadster3
04-16-2005, 09:49 AM
bump :whistle: