fuel filter replacement.. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : fuel filter replacement..

ggagt00
04-19-2005, 11:09 AM
well i tried myself and no luck... the nuts and everythin is all rusted shut and no use for my inexperience...but i tried to loosen the nut that connects to the fuel filter and i dont kno if i did or not but i got both nuts to loosen at the same time???i mean did i strip the nut from the gas line or sumthing?.. i mean no gas leakin.. turned on car...no leaks or anything........i dont kno if i stripped anythin. but should i just go to a shop and let them mess around with it and also how much would it be for replacing it?

AleroME
04-19-2005, 11:22 AM
did you flare nut wrenches on the line? If not normal wrench can strip out the nut, if not careful. But as for shops.. they'll charge like 30 bucks or so which includes a filter.

tenspeed
04-19-2005, 02:08 PM
.but i tried to loosen the nut that connects to the fuel filter and i dont kno if i did or not but i got both nuts to loosen at the same time???i mean did i strip the nut from the gas line or sumthing?..

The nut is not attached to the fuel line. Its supposed to turn when it's loose. It should be alright if it's not leaking.

A repair shop get around $40 to replace the filter.

SilverGAGT04
04-21-2005, 07:57 PM
$40-$50 at a dealership.

Panacea
04-21-2005, 09:20 PM
It's only $25 if you bring your own filter... Filters either Either $2-3 or $5-6 at Autozone.