Bad news about my sc/t kit [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Bad news about my sc/t kit

GTLUVA
04-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Grrr I'm so mad right now. My sct rear valance piece is not hooking up right. I just picked up my car from the bodyshop and they are having troubles making it fit one side goes in the another side doesn't. Any suggestions. I was suggesting they exopy the damn thing in. I'm going back to the bodyshop next Thursday to try my luck again.

pontga00
04-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Should've went to a different bodyshop...dealership's don't get them custom shizz.

AMRAAM4
04-19-2005, 11:55 AM
small screw to hold in place. Seems to be a common problem.

iceman
04-19-2005, 12:04 PM
yeeeup.. how about going to a body shop that knows what they are doing

AMRAAM4
04-19-2005, 12:13 PM
oh yeah......and lube, loooooooooooooooots of lube.

GTLUVA
04-19-2005, 12:25 PM
Everybody is so rude. When I get home from work tonight I will show pics of my rocker panels. Funny if it was such a bad bodyshop they know how to install rocker panels :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

iceman
04-19-2005, 12:29 PM
I wasn't being rude, I was being honest. If a body shop can't make a urethane panel fit, when people here have, then it'd be safe to say, they don't know what they are doing. There's a known issue with some of the later model cars and the rear piece anyways.. go use the search button

Helen Keller could install the rockers, they went on in about 10 minutes tops. no need to show pics, we all know what an sc/t kit looks like..

xxbackhillxx
04-19-2005, 12:42 PM
^ what he said ... a monkey could put those rockers on. took me all of half an hour of taking the old ones off and putting the new ones on.

pontga00
04-20-2005, 06:30 AM
I had my 6 year old cousin install my SC/T rockers while I was taking a shower...just goes to show you how easy they are to put on.

redramair01
04-20-2005, 07:02 AM
Should've went to a different bodyshop...dealership's don't get them custom shizz.

I wouldnt sat that. Dealerships know more about their cars than anyone else does. I know at our dealership e put on body kits, lower, lambo doors, neons, wheels, and anything the customer wants.

Here is just 1 of the 15-20 that we have already done.

Matt95GT
04-20-2005, 08:21 AM
I wouldnt sat that. Dealerships know more about their cars than anyone else does.

lol lol Thanks for the laugh of the day. Although yours may be on the ball, there are many out there that are the worst places to have your car serviced.

Howabout these personal examples:
-Oil/lube, sparkplugs, fuel filter - the car was driven out to me running on 2 cylinders. I had to fix it myself in their lot.
-Brake service (my mom's car) - installed incorrectly, a pad either broke apart or came off... destroyed rotors
-state inspection (my mom's car) - forgot to put the sticker on afterwards... had to raise a stink to get a loaner cause they needed it for an extra day to run inspection again
-fuel filler cap recall (my mom's car) - 2 tries to fix this... it still doesn't work
-CV joint (my dad's 4x4 blazer when new in 92) - said the drivers front boot was torn and needed to be replaced. 2 months later when 4wd failed again they said the same exact part was old and bad. Way to be honest.

All of these happened at separate dealerships, some in different areas.

xxbackhillxx
04-20-2005, 08:35 AM
I wouldnt sat that. Dealerships know more about their cars than anyone else does. I know at our dealership e put on body kits, lower, lambo doors, neons, wheels, and anything the customer wants.

not all dealerships are the same. i went to the one near me just to get a quote for the rear piece to be epoxied. the body shop manager said he won't touch anything aftermarket.

GTLUVA
04-20-2005, 08:54 AM
not all dealerships are the same. i went to the one near me just to get a quote for the rear piece to be epoxied. the body shop manager said he won't touch anything aftermarket.

The gm bodyshop in my area touches everything aftermarket they installed my
N & R white speedo gauge and lots of other things which I'm not going to argue about. I just be the special customer I guess. Sometimes I go in they won't even charge me labor.

GTLUVA
04-20-2005, 08:58 AM

That's the fact they do know the most about your cars. People think I'm nuts I drive 40 miles for a oil change or tire rotation but I don't care my car is in good hands and its running good. I'm sorry some people have had bad experiences at dealerships :whistle:

Rich
04-20-2005, 09:01 AM
a monkey could put those rockers on. took me all of half an hour of taking the old ones off and putting the new ones on.

seriously? im having a pain getting the sct rockers on. some of the holes arent lining up for me.

GrahamKracka
04-20-2005, 09:27 AM
umm....iv had 2 PONTIAC dealership shops call my car a grand prix.....yea...they know a whole lot about our cars

pontga00
04-20-2005, 10:04 AM
umm....iv had 2 PONTIAC dealership shops call my car a grand prix.....yea...they know a whole lot about our cars

:werd Three different dealerships so far.

kse73
04-20-2005, 10:21 AM
That's the fact they do know the most about your cars. People think I'm nuts I drive 40 miles for a oil change or tire rotation but I don't care my car is in good hands and its running good. I'm sorry some people have had bad experiences at dealerships :whistle:

I'll second that youre nuts...... Oil change/tire rotation doesn't even require good hands. Besides, I agree that dealerships know jack sh!t. At least the couple I've gone to. I always end up teaching them a thing or two about models OTHER than mine. Im sorry, I cannot trust anyone that works on them all day but still doesnt know what theyre doing.

2002GT
04-20-2005, 11:00 AM

too bad they cant account for having good taste :whistle:

Rich
04-22-2005, 11:02 AM
small screw to hold in place. Seems to be a common problem.

i just picked up my car from the dealership (yes i gave up) and they said they are having the same problem with the rear valence. they said they had 4 guys trying to get it on and they were trying to stretch it with a heat gun but it wasnt happening. so if they cant get it on how would the screw help?

GTLUVA
04-22-2005, 12:03 PM
i just picked up my car from the dealership (yes i gave up) and they said they are having the same problem with the rear valence. they said they had 4 guys trying to get it on and they were trying to stretch it with a heat gun but it wasnt happening. so if they cant get it on how would the screw help?

I'm going back next Thursday. Right now they are going to disconnect my whole bumper and I'm suggested they exopy the damn thing on. I just wish everything was as easy as the chin spoiler.

GaRedCoupe
04-22-2005, 12:15 PM
Whatever happen to true custom work?

Rich
04-22-2005, 12:40 PM
GTLUVA- yeah i asked them if by chance they tried to take the rear bumper off to get it on and he said no. so if that works for your people ill give that a try.

Whatever happen to true custom work?

custom work? never worked with fiberglass or anything like that.

doing it yourself? i started doing that. i got the front and rear GT bumper on and the SCT side skirts. soon after that i ran out of patience and if i would have kept doing it myself i would have ended up being a really bad install job. so i gave up and decided to let the body shop do it right.

Rich
04-22-2005, 02:12 PM

bump. can anyone shed some light on this?

eric99gt
04-22-2005, 02:28 PM
had the same problem with mine...still doesn't sit exactly right. I had to put a screw up above the exhaust tips to hold it in place. I hope to have it fixed eventually. I'm thinking a bit of sanding in a few places could work.

Rich
04-22-2005, 02:35 PM
had the same problem with mine...still doesn't sit exactly right. I had to put a screw up above the exhaust tips to hold it in place. I hope to have it fixed eventually. I'm thinking a bit of sanding in a few places could work.

so the screw holds it in place. but how does it get on there? or do you get it on there the best you can and then throw the screw on there to get it to tighten up?

XMBlackGT1
04-22-2005, 04:51 PM
bump. can anyone shed some light on this?

Is it the difference in the SE/GT bumper? I dont really know- Just a stab in the dark. I know they are shaped a lot differently...

Rich
04-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Is it the difference in the SE/GT bumper? I dont really know- Just a stab in the dark. I know they are shaped a lot differently...

no i have the GT bumpers on now. but thanks though.

eric99gt
04-22-2005, 08:00 PM
so the screw holds it in place. but how does it get on there? or do you get it on there the best you can and then throw the screw on there to get it to tighten up?

I just got it on there the best I could....sits a bit off.

99GApunk
04-22-2005, 10:58 PM
Sometimes I go in they won't even charge me labor.

perhaps because some of the things you have them done require little to no labor... thats my guess at least

xxbackhillxx
04-23-2005, 06:33 AM
I just got it on there the best I could....sits a bit off.
same here... im about 1 cm off on both sides ... from about 15 feet its unnoticable