Possible Strut failure? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Possible Strut failure?

ecko70
04-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Today as I was cruising down to my school I hit a very small crack in the road and the front end took it fine but as soon as the rear end hit it, I heard a loud *BANG* like someone had thrown a wrench under my car or something. I checked underneath the car and noticed nothnig so I took a cruise to see if it would do it again. Sure enough, it didnt take much of a bump but it bangs REALLY loud everytime. Again it sounds like the whole rear end is about to fall off when I hit any kind of bump. Could this just be bad struts? I do have 95k on the car and theyve never been replaced.

I ruled out the possibility of the new sway bar. Nothing seems wrong with the cornering or anything like that.

Gold99HO
04-21-2005, 08:11 AM
you also might of broke a spring mine did the same thing a few weeks ago

ecko70
04-21-2005, 08:15 AM
Well I was wrong about it not being the swaybar....I stuck my head in for an even closer look and um...the bracket that holds it on was broken. Need to go get me a new one now:-/

GrahamKracka
04-21-2005, 08:15 AM
^ i agree...tho iv never had that happen before

ecko70
04-21-2005, 08:32 AM
Ya it doesnt seem like it should break...but I guess its logical. I mean the extra stress on the bracket from the new bar and taking corners faster could do that I spose.