ABS light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ABS light


mystikalchic28
04-21-2005, 08:45 AM
my abs light has come on two times now.. but each time it goes away.. what does it mean and what should i do about it?
thanks

Daxloth
04-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Mine did this, for a long time.. finally my brakes began to get shakey, and the dealer replaced my hub assembly under warrenty.. $1000 total.. extended warrenty paid for itself pretty much there.

This might not be your problem though, autozone will read codes for free.. even though the light is off the codes will still be there to read.. just take it there if you have one locally. I'm not sure if advanced auto parts does it or not.

SilverGAGT04
04-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Usually I found that on 90% of customer cars, the ABS harness for one of the wheels fills with water causing a resistance problem in the harness. The other 10% is water intrusion into the bearing. There are times when a car will need both too. Get the codes read and let us know what they are.