I need some serious help, with my 01gagt. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : I need some serious help, with my 01gagt.

01redgt1
04-21-2005, 04:35 PM
OK. guys recently my 01gagt with now 72,500 miles is giving hell. And hopefully ya guys can help me out; PLEASE!!!!

Ok, First problem that i have with it its turning the car on, it wont start at all unless i turn the key to the "on" position and let it sit for seconds sometimes minutes and then crank it. So thats how i get from one place to the other.
The other problem its most noticeable when im taking off on first gear, it seems like it takes longer to change gear and I noticed that my rpms go a bit higher than usual.

PLEASE HELP ME...

gobraves02002
04-21-2005, 04:46 PM
i have the same problem. when u let the key sit in the on postion u are letting the fuel pressure increase. i had this problme when i found out that i had to have my fuel filter changed often. usually about 40 bucks at an oil change place or you can find some how to's on here if you wanna do yourself. also it could end up that your fuel pump is going.
not a mechanic, just my 2 cents

SilverGAGT04
04-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Do you have any lights on the dash? (check engine, security, service vehicle soon) Sounds like a dying fuel pump and or a vacuum leak, but usually if you have to wait a long time to start the car, it might also be a security issue. Tell me this, does your security light flash after you try to start it?

01redgt1
04-21-2005, 09:20 PM
no, no security light at all or any other lights. But, When im cranking the car i noticed that the check engine light stays on till the car starts, and then it goes away.

EASTERBUNNY
04-22-2005, 04:20 AM
check engine light coming on while koeo is normal

DjSylentMystyk
04-22-2005, 05:24 AM
the same thing has happened to me, but it will only do it off and on. I chnaged my air filter and oil and then the HIGH RPMS went away after first gear.

action
04-22-2005, 06:38 AM
Get your fuel filter changed first, see how that works. If that dont fix it, you may have a weak fuel pump.