Monsoon 6x9's blown already??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Monsoon 6x9's blown already???

lufkintravis
04-23-2005, 10:50 PM
I bought an '02 GAGT with the monsoon system about four days ago and was just wondering if anyone else has blown their rear woofers? The car's previous owner was an older couple and i don't think they even used the radio that much, so it's really hard for me to believe that somehow they've managed to blow the speakers. Also, i removed the speakers and cut the covering off of them and the surrounds aren't rotted or anything and I can't find any tears in the surround or speaker... Anyone else had this problem? Nothing's rattling and the bass is really good still, but my radio keeps saying calibrate and the rear speakers have that annoying "paper slap" sound, but CANNOT see anything torn or wearing out on the speakers... HELP!!!!!

boost21
04-23-2005, 10:55 PM
mine were out when i got the car...they just dont seem to be to sturdy, i upgraded to pioneer 4-ways

2003GaGt1
04-23-2005, 10:57 PM
ummm, probably blown. If you have another set laying around hook them up and see if those sound blown.

lufkintravis
04-23-2005, 11:19 PM
anyone know a good replacement speaker i could use that'd sound as good? if @ all possible i'd like to find a way to still use the same seperate woofer/tweeter (4 wires) setup the factory had to utilize all the power the monsoon amp is supplying...

lufkintravis
04-23-2005, 11:32 PM
anyone know a good replacement speaker i could use that'd sound as good? if @ all possible i'd like to find a way to still use the same seperate woofer/tweeter (4 wires) setup the factory had to utilize all the power the monsoon amp is supplying...

steranko75
04-25-2005, 02:48 AM
Mine were blown just three days ago - I bought a pair of Pioneer 240w speakers for about $70 @ wal-mart and think they sound good

mr_eh
04-25-2005, 05:13 AM
i bought stock replacements from partsexpress.com iirc, it cost me like 14$ to get 4 new speakers and they sound just as good as stock ones, not a monsoon setup but.. yeah... works fine, get new speakers, never hurts to upgrade