Cracking noise on the sunroof [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Cracking noise on the sunroof

traingeek087
04-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Maybe something has been posted on this recently, but i haven't seen it so i will post it again if it was. I have a problem with my sunroof. it seems to be making a creeking sound lately. it started (or at least i think it did) right after i got my subs so i was kinda thinking that the raddling did something to it. But to summarize it up it sounds like the frame/body bending as i drive. I really have no clue what to do. Could it be that the subs loosened the bolts so the actual sunroof is loose? or what else could it be? Thaks to all who reply

Blight
10-25-2005, 10:22 AM
I know when i pull out of my old driveway the car went down the dp tp the road on an angle so if i had my moonroof open you could hear the car bending from the weight transferring.

If it clicks when you operate it, check and see if it is on or its offtrack.

iceman1793
10-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Try spraying the tracks with white greese. This might help.

AznGA
10-25-2005, 12:05 PM
Maybe something has been posted on this recently, but i haven't seen it so i will post it again if it was. I have a problem with my sunroof. it seems to be making a creeking sound lately. it started (or at least i think it did) right after i got my subs so i was kinda thinking that the raddling did something to it. But to summarize it up it sounds like the frame/body bending as i drive. I really have no clue what to do. Could it be that the subs loosened the bolts so the actual sunroof is loose? or what else could it be? Thaks to all who reply
Does it make the noise when it's open or closed?
Mine makes the noise when it's closed. It is reallly annoying. I use my sunroof a lot though.