Tech II access, need to do a Case Relearn... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Tech II access, need to do a Case Relearn...

atc3434
04-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Hey, my DHP should be here Friday, and I'm just wondering if there is anybody in the Boston area (or anyone going the the N.E. Dragway friday) that has a techII or something else that can do a case re-learn. Buy ya dinner, long as its TGI Fridays or cheaper! If somebody could, that would be hot.

atc3434
04-27-2005, 07:06 AM
Did you post, Maycalapse, and then delete, or am I just seeing my post because the server is acting screwy. It shows you as replied, but there is no post what so ever in the thread... weird.

Malaclypse
04-27-2005, 10:34 AM
I think I did... I must be losing my mind.

Anyways. You don't always need a case relearn done whenever you change PCMs or pullies. Its only when you immedeatly get an SES light and P1336 is set.

atc3434
04-27-2005, 10:37 AM
Yea, well, I'm trying to cover my bases, in case it does in fact set the case learn code.

Malaclypse
04-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Yeah. Good point. I'm a little spoiled in that respect..

H.O. Driver
04-28-2005, 07:22 AM
I know some of the GP guys have noticed a difference in how the car performs before and after a Case Learn, even though they did not have a SES light set from the PCM being swapped. In most cases they lost a decent amount of KR in the process. Some people still beleive that it is not needed, but at MGM I saw this happen with a car and a few were shocked. If you scan before and after the PCM change and everything is happy, don't worry about it, but if something doesn't feel right try the Case Learn, can't hurt.