To many problems just to start the car. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : To many problems just to start the car.

01redgt1
04-27-2005, 09:31 AM
Ok Guys i own a 01 GAGT, and ive been having to many problems cranking this car, At this time i have 73,000 miles on it. At 72,208 miles i got my battery replaced cause the dealer said it was leaking acid and they also told me that the positive cable was corroded, but i never replaced the cable. At 63,683miles i replaced my fuel pump aswell as the fuel filter. And my starter replaced at 56,999. Can anyone tell me what the problem is, Everytime i get in my car i will have to turn the key to the on position and let it sit for a few seconds and then it will start. So can anyone please help me solve this problem.

Thanks.

NorKoastal
04-27-2005, 10:21 AM
What about your plugs/wires?? Fuel treatment to remove corbon?? Replace the Positive cable??? I would start with the above and go from there...

Kdawg207
04-27-2005, 10:26 AM
they also told me that the positive cable was corroded, but i never replaced the cable.

there's a start

01redgt1
04-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Well actually i replaced all my spark plugs aswell with the factory ones and and i also did the fuel injection cleaner service.

NorKoastal
04-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Check the coil packs, check for leaks, and replace that battery cable.... This might be a good time to upgrade the charging cable.. Iceman recommends this for better juice flow...

01redgt1
04-27-2005, 12:49 PM
thanks guys

tenspeed
04-27-2005, 06:05 PM
Everytime i get in my car i will have to turn the key to the on position and let it sit for a few seconds and then it will start.

Sound to me like that you are pressurizing the fuel system. It could be that the pressure regulator located on the fuel rail is not holding the pressure when the engine is shut off.

Coil packs, carbon build up, battery cables and such don't care how long you sit there with the key on.