Membership Banner ??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Membership Banner ???

NorKoastal
04-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Is there one??? :violin Right next to the PFYC banner would be nice place to stand out......

GAGURU I was referring to the "sponsors" that get business from your traffic. Im not sure how much they pay in the background, but I know the money Ive spent is well into the zero's.
The discount program I am referring to is a GAGT premium membership "Coupon Code"

When We (Premium Members) purshace items throug an affiliate they should kick back a discount since we sponsor the place that advertises their products... Im talking small doiscounts, not anything enourmous... Like free shipping, or eating tax on most orders.... A 10% discount is a great incentive for people to join....

:whistle:

NorKoastal
04-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Oh and the code would change every month and orders verfied through you to prove who and who doesnt deserve the discount..

pontga00
04-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Is there one??? :violin Right next to the PFYC banner would be nice place to stand out......

GAGURU I was referring to the "sponsors" that get business from your traffic. Im not sure how much they pay in the background, but I know the money Ive spent is well into the zero's.
The discount program I am referring to is a GAGT premium membership "Coupon Code"

When We (Premium Members) purshace items throug an affiliate they should kick back a discount since we sponsor the place that advertises their products... Im talking small doiscounts, not anything enourmous... Like free shipping, or eating tax on most orders.... A 10% discount is a great incentive for people to join....

:whistle:

Good idea, but it would probably be hard to get all the sponsors to agree to this...after all business is business.

2002GT
04-27-2005, 11:52 AM
or not... they already pay to be on the site, and now you want them to eat more fee's?

i doubt andys auto or pfyc care if the grand am community stops buying their product

NorKoastal
04-27-2005, 11:56 AM
They could market the specials from the sponsors more through monthly ads to members....Not spam but real deals and discounts...

Jeremy
04-27-2005, 12:00 PM
or not... they already pay to be on the site, and now you want them to eat more fee's?

i doubt andys auto or pfyc care if the grand am community stops buying their product

I personally know for a fact that PFYC.com would care if the grand am community stopped buying their products. You guys are a decent percentage of their sales.

DrFabulous
04-27-2005, 01:40 PM
The problem we're running into is that we don't have many companies that are interested in making more products for the Grand Am. Maybe we can try and push the G6 side of it? I'm not familiar with the G6 community, but I'm guessing there isn't a whole lot right now. Maybe a big push for sponsers and what-not for that car would help.

AMRAAM4
04-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Increase sponsor fees a tad, if they dont' want to jive with that chances are that person isn't making much/worth a squat on here anyway.

Limit access to folks who are not paying members. No "almost anything goes", no "for sale" section, no arcade, small PMs, no profile pic, etc. etc. Basically cut anything but having the person able to read and search for information and ask a question. Will cut a lot of dead weight around here and will make us who have been here forever a bit more "appreciated" and deserving. If you don't want to pay, oh well. IMO $20 a year isn't much to spend the countless hours we do here screwing off.

Tell A Small Orange to go scam some sucker with their garbage equipment.

DrFabulous
04-27-2005, 02:04 PM
Limit access to folks who are not paying members. No "almost anything goes", no "for sale" section, no arcade, small PMs, no profile pic, etc. etc. Basically cut anything but having the person able to read and search for information and ask a question. Will cut a lot of dead weight around here and will make us who have been here forever a bit more "appreciated" and deserving. If you don't want to pay, oh well. IMO $20 a year isn't much to spend the countless hours we do here screwing off.

I agree. I'll pay $20 for next year without hesitation, especially if it means we get more access than most people.

NorKoastal
04-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Restricting too much will do more harm then good.. IMHO Car sites get the best sponsorship support because enthusiasts visit frequently burning money left and right on their cars...

Have you guys contacted http://aeroforcetech.com/ Yet??? They are selling the red digital guages/code scanners.....

:metal:

AMRAAM4
04-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Restricting too much will do more harm then good.. IMHO Car sites get the best sponsorship support because enthusiasts visit frequently burning money left and right on their cars...

Have you guys contacted http://aeroforcetech.com/ Yet??? They are selling the red digital guages/code scanners.....

:metal:
if you visit to just do basic stuff you are still going to see the banner! You can still buy there as well. If you are a member here and paid your dues then you may even get a discount. This justifies the sponsor giving you a discount if they know you donated here to be a member. It's there way of knowing you didn't just stop in here real quick to get a discount from them.

We have a need here. An equal or faster hosting service for a similar price. After exhausting outlets we are then going to need a plan of action to accomplish that need. No one else is piping up here. And in my honest opinion there probably won't be many. It's obvious already there are MANY long term members here who aren't even a Premium Member as it is. To me, that's wrong. You spend that much time here, then pony up the ducketts or stop viewing and/or bitching. IMO it slaps those who do pay in the face. Kinda like those people are taking advantage of their freeloading capability...which is all too evident in our American society.

RX7Club has a paid membership, but I don't belong...because I don't spend much time there at all. If I need to ask a question or check some info I do, then go about my merry way. That's how it should be here unless you want to be an extended member

UNCTYPE-S
04-27-2005, 03:03 PM
bye bye to me then :(

<-----dead weight

or just let the people who get banned every 6 months stay just because they pay, and let the people who stay clean, but didnt pay, leave.

once again it could come down to money (welcome to america)

Kdawg207
04-27-2005, 03:17 PM
I paid my 15 meesly bucks...not to be a "premium member"...but because it would help the Guru's keep it going

I could afford 15 bux when i was 8 yrs old...no harm in it ...even if I dont visit as much as i used to or want to.

The way i see it....if people flat out refuse to help out in keeping a site up...then they dont really wanna be on it and then...see ya round

I can spare the chump change if it helps out

AMRAAM4
04-27-2005, 03:20 PM
I paid my 15 meesly bucks...not to be a "premium member"...but because it would help the Guru's keep it going

I could afford 15 bux when i was 8 yrs old...no harm in it ...even if I dont visit as much as i used to or want to.

The way i see it....if people flat out refuse to help out in keeping a site up...then they dont really wanna be on it and then...see ya round

I can spare the chump change if it helps out
werd to the spanking skeleton.

Kdawg207
04-27-2005, 03:20 PM
thank ya sir

Kdawg207
04-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Bottom Line:

I appreciate the work put into keeping this site alive.
This is the ONLY site to help the GA community...yes I know about the other...and let's be real here
Ask yourself this...would you bother to keep this going if it were costing you....no

The Guru's have been a tremendous help to the GA world and they deserve some support.

If one chooses not to then fine....go join the "other" forum and enjoy yur free forum where the new inside information comes around about 6 months late

I for one will continue to contribute the pocket change...and yes...i no longer drive GA either

UNCTYPE-S
04-27-2005, 03:30 PM
just because i/we dont pay, doesnt mean we dont appreciate being here. at least for me.

i dont even know why were discussing this, because guru hasnt even announced anything.

Kdawg207
04-27-2005, 03:32 PM
i'm sure you appreciate the site....

if so...then if the time comes.. I am sure you will feel good about donating 20 small dollars to help continue what you have enjoyed for free for 2 1/2 years thus far

UNCTYPE-S
04-27-2005, 03:36 PM
i dont owe anybody anything except for the 2 gurus for a big thank you.

i came to this forum 4 yrs ago cause it was free, and im staying cause its free. if at one point it becomes a private, paying members site only, then im out. no stress off my shoulders, its not the end of the world, but i will still appreciate the time i had when it was free.

Kdawg207
04-27-2005, 03:38 PM
Nuff Said then I guess.

UNCTYPE-S
04-27-2005, 03:40 PM
:thumbs:

DrFabulous
04-27-2005, 04:13 PM
I don't understand why someone would care if people donate to the site. It's their own decision. I made the choice to donate, Jim didn't. So what? Doesn't make me any better than him. Are you going to get mad at me because I don't donate to the Salvation Army, but still go there once in a while to try and find some shirts??

SpideyxMan
04-27-2005, 04:36 PM
I am pretty much a forum troll, I don't really post anything here as you can see from my post count. Also as you can see I have paind the 15 and will pay the 20 if need be. Like the post way above mine, I didn't pay the 15 for the premium membership or the benefits of it, I paid to keep the site going. I don't post much because I don't know much. I just read the forums and have gained a heap of knowledge about my car, and cars in general.

I have talked to AMRAAM4 before on AIM and he helped me out with getting my toyo tires. Unlike most people on here who dislikes him or thinks hes a d|ck, he actually tells the truth and brings in ALOT of information. When he goes in posts in the FS section and says that they won't get that price they want and rips on them, he is only telling the truth. I mean come on, you come to a grandam site wanting 9k for your 2000 with 85k miles on it and expect someone to buy? WE KNOW WHAT ARE CARS ARE WORTH, THIS IS A GRANDAM SITE!! He is just telling them that they are ridiculously overpricing their car. We know the problems, we know what can/cannot be done to them, we also know how much they are worth!

I also agree that people who do not add anything to the site, other then the AAG, should either suck it up and pay the 20 to keep the site up or leave. I mean if you don't own the car and don't wanna pay, why b|tch about it? Who cares, YOU DON'T OWN THE CAR ANYMORE!!!! It would be one thing if you owned a ford cobra but still contributed in getting sponsors or businesses to make new toys for our car, but I'm sure you would rather spend that time getting more sponsors/parts for YOUR car.

I guess what I'm getting at is that if you like the site pay for it and stay, if you feel that you shouldn't pay, you have that right to that opinion, but don't b|tch when times get tough and you need to fork out a little dough to keep the site you *like* hosted!

Irate
04-27-2005, 05:18 PM
PM's still work, right? :)

Anyways, I agree... I have been on other sites where the equivalent of "Almost Anything Goes" is for paying members only. I think it would be a good add-on for a premium member.

02andahalfgt
04-27-2005, 05:38 PM
if you visit to just do basic stuff you are still going to see the banner! You can still buy there as well. If you are a member here and paid your dues then you may even get a discount. This justifies the sponsor giving you a discount if they know you donated here to be a member. It's there way of knowing you didn't just stop in here real quick to get a discount from them.

We have a need here. An equal or faster hosting service for a similar price. After exhausting outlets we are then going to need a plan of action to accomplish that need. No one else is piping up here. And in my honest opinion there probably won't be many. It's obvious already there are MANY long term members here who aren't even a Premium Member as it is. To me, that's wrong. You spend that much time here, then pony up the ducketts or stop viewing and/or bitching. IMO it slaps those who do pay in the face. Kinda like those people are taking advantage of their freeloading capability...which is all too evident in our American society.

The man speaks the truth. I combined both posts b/c I couldn't have said it any better.
But while we're on the topic of Premium Memberships... Are our dues automatically paid or are we informed that it's running out? It seems to me that I paid more than a year ago, I should have had to re-up by now. :iconfused

AMRAAM4
04-28-2005, 09:29 AM
So no one else has any ideas?

pontga00
04-28-2005, 09:44 AM
So no one else has any ideas?

I agree with yours...restrict some sections to paid members only.

2002GT
04-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Set-up a Donate Paypal buttom somewhere on the site...

GregFarz78
04-28-2005, 09:55 AM
Limiting AG is lame thats basically the only reason I post here anymore that and the East Coast section only b/c I've come to know/meet a lot of people from here...another forum I'm a member of gives their original members who have been around the longest access to all subforums and all new members have to pay to access certain subforums, change their av, etc. I've given to the site in the past when I was a more active member, but getting discounts on GA parts doesnt really help me now. Do what you must but hopefully the Regional forums wont be limited so I can still post there at least.

AMRAAM4
04-28-2005, 10:15 AM
Limiting AG is lame thats basically the only reason I post here anymore that and the East Coast section only b/c I've come to know/meet a lot of people from here...another forum I'm a member of gives their original members who have been around the longest access to all subforums and all new members have to pay to access certain subforums, change their av, etc. I've given to the site in the past when I was a more active member, but getting discounts on GA parts doesnt really help me now. Do what you must but hopefully the Regional forums wont be limited so I can still post there at least.
Greg, my advice is nothing personal to people like you and a few others...however, some decided to take it personally and get all out of shape. You and a very few others here fall into that category, however, as a whole I think from a business standpoint the situation has to be implemented for the large number who fall outside the group you and a couple are in. In reality it would simply be unfair to them to allow a couple of you who choose not to be a premium member to slide just because you have been here awhile. Also, as a logical sense, those new people would probably expect the long standing members here to be the first to agree to pay.

Jeremy
04-28-2005, 11:06 AM
But while we're on the topic of Premium Memberships... Are our dues automatically paid or are we informed that it's running out? It seems to me that I paid more than a year ago, I should have had to re-up by now. :iconfused

You're premium membership expires at 9:52am on September 8,2005.

GregFarz78
04-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Greg, my advice is nothing personal to people like you and a few others...however, some decided to take it personally and get all out of shape. You and a very few others here fall into that category, however, as a whole I think from a business standpoint the situation has to be implemented for the large number who fall outside the group you and a couple are in. In reality it would simply be unfair to them to allow a couple of you who choose not to be a premium member to slide just because you have been here awhile. Also, as a logical sense, those new people would probably expect the long standing members here to be the first to agree to pay.

I understand the admins have to do whats necessary, I wont lose sleep if I cant post on a messageboard I'll just find another one.

DrFabulous
04-28-2005, 11:36 AM

Is this something we will be notified of when it expires so we can renew it? Or can we just add another year on, say right now, and it goes into effect when our current one is up?

02andahalfgt
04-28-2005, 05:36 PM

Thanks. :metal:

Jeremy
05-02-2005, 11:10 AM
added Premium Membership banner/link at the top of the forum (by the PFYC banner)

Jeremy
05-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Is this something we will be notified of when it expires so we can renew it? Or can we just add another year on, say right now, and it goes into effect when our current one is up?

I'm pretty sure it will send an email to your registered email addy with the site letting you know it's about to expire.

DrFabulous
05-02-2005, 05:37 PM
I'm pretty sure it will send an email to your registered email addy with the site letting you know it's about to expire.

Ok. Thanks :thumbs: