aiming headlights not the usual questions [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : aiming headlights not the usual questions

apl111
04-27-2005, 10:47 AM
OK this is not the regular question about aiming the headlights on a Grand Am. On my car someone smacked into the front of it and pushed up the headlights so both were aimed too high. A bodyshop where I brought the car to aim my lights fixed them so the lights are better. I need to aim the lights lower still, they did it for free so I cant bitch at the autobody place. Here is the question, how should I go about trying to lower the headlights they still are to high. Should I use brute force to move the light aiming point down or what should I do ? Thanks.
Tony L.

Kdawg207
04-27-2005, 11:13 AM
I just use the slip bit that I use for my power drill. Ya know the one you can pop screw bits in and out of magnetic....it fits right on the top of the adjusters...lemme know if you're not sure what i mean

apl111
04-27-2005, 12:59 PM
I dont understand sorry. I dont beleive its the adjusters. I think the lights were forced upwards as a complete assembly. Problem is now I dont know if there is enough play in the adjuster to aim the lights, both lights are pointed towards the sky. I guess what I am asking is should I try to bend the lights back in place or bite the bullet and file a claim with my insurance company ?

Kdawg207
04-27-2005, 02:12 PM
without seeing it ...very hard to say....

but i would call yur ins. company anyway ya know