togs/slp = clunking noise? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : togs/slp = clunking noise?

GTluver
04-27-2005, 09:51 PM
right after installing togs/slp catback, i noticed a clunk-like noise when i hit the gas pedal. Its not a continuous noise.....its just a 'semi-loud' one-time noise (like when u hit metal w/ metal) and then everything is fine. and it only does it when i hit the pedal from a dead-stop....it wont do it if, say, i gunn it from 25 to wot. It will also not do it if i accelerate real slow....like in slow motion. But it will do it if i accelerate from normal to hard. What can it be? the downpipe was hitting the frame but that was taken care of when i took her in the shop to get tips put on. no part of the exhaust system plumbing is touching other metal parts....im :iconfused

H.O. Driver
04-27-2005, 09:58 PM
My SLP rattles against the heat sheilds around the gas tank and spare tire wheel well. Some stiffer exhuast hangers cure that. If its coming from up front it might be the DP hitting something, is the exhuast straight or does it bow? It just might be a fitment problem with the rest or your exhuast.

GTluver
04-28-2005, 05:01 PM
when u say straight or bowl....do u mean if i have straight pipes or the piping angles around the gas tank?? Everything seems fine.....as far as w/ all the parts I have, nothing seems wrong. [back of car] tips--muffler--magnaflow 2.5" cat--resonator--DP--togs[front of car]