My GA is not running right [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : My GA is not running right

traingeek087
04-28-2005, 04:31 PM
I went and put gas in my car today, and right after went into a store a few blocks down. When I started my engine after walking out of the store the engine shook violently and the check engine light was on. My dad came and looked at it and weve come to the conclusion that one of they cylinders wasn't firing. I drove it slowly home and the check engine light was blinking. When i got home i shut it off and restarted it and it still shook violently, so i know that it's not just a misfire. Has anyone had this problem before and might know what it is? I've been told it could be my coils, spark plugs, fuel injectors, and plenty of other things. anything you guys recommend me doing to try to find out the problem?

h82lose
04-28-2005, 05:39 PM
My car had the shakes once. It turned out to be a bad ignition module. I have the 2.4 though so it might not be the same electrical set-up. I'd say its somewhere in the electrical ignition anyway.

traingeek087
04-28-2005, 06:38 PM
yeah that's what were thinking, were going to replace the spark plugs tomorrow because they have never been replaced, and if that still doesn't work, were going to run some injector cleaner through it. I'm pretty shure you could get some of that at napa or something.

Panacea
04-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Here's a novel Idea, tow it to autozone, or drive it if you're ballsy enough and get the code read. That can give you an idea of what the problem is... There's a reason they have code readers. If it it's a bad cylinder you'll fock your engine if you drive it...

traingeek087
04-29-2005, 10:30 AM
I know that that's why i put in in the garage and drove the van to school today. And i was going to do the code reader yesterday but everything was closed, and the only place around to do it at is the GM dealership that's three miles away, and you have to set up an appointment to do it. So I had an appointment set up, they're picking up the car today and are going to run some tests and find out what it is. My guess, it's a dirty fuel injector!