when i take a sharp left turn, my oil light comes on [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : when i take a sharp left turn, my oil light comes on

tommyortom
04-29-2005, 10:51 PM
it comes on only for a second or two, until i get going straight again. this happen to anyone else? i have a 99 malibu w/ the almighty 2.4

erimar77
04-29-2005, 11:02 PM
what's your oil level? have you checked that lately?

Amber99ga
04-30-2005, 04:13 AM
I have the same issues!! (99ga 2.4L) for a while I was just gettin chimes when i would turn and nothing would come on the other day my oil light came on for a fraction of a second I had to double check to make sure thats what I saw. But my oil was gettin low so I'll give my car the benifit of the doubt and say it really did know what it was doing for once.

GA SE/T
04-30-2005, 05:02 AM
I have the "mighty" 2.4L :metal: as well and have the same problem. If you go to j-body.org you will see that almost everyone with the 2.4 has the same problem. It would seem that as your milege gets higher, the 2.4 tends to "burn" a little more oil and as you make sharp turns wether it be right or left, you will hear a chime or your oil light will come on only for a sec. Perty much normal but make sure to check your oil level every chance you can or when you do an oil change, put in just a lil more oil and you should be ok. :irate: I've also heard that the 2.4L has some "oil pump" issues so that could be a cause (I'm not saying your oil pump is bad I'm just typing what I heard). Maybe some 2.4 gurus can jump in here and ilaberate some more........ :whistle:

Amber99ga
04-30-2005, 10:16 AM
glad to know I'm not the only one having that problem! How many miles do you guys have on yours? Mine just started about 2,000 miles ago.