when Accelerate my volume increases [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : when Accelerate my volume increases

ggagt00
05-03-2005, 06:25 PM
ok this has probly happen to sum of you. I have a bass system in my grand am gt 00 with a capacitor.. and when i accelerate my volume increase a bit. where u can notice then when i slow down and stop it goes back to its normal volume ......eny ideas of what could be the problem. cause i know this shouldnt b happening???.. im thinkin the alternator,but i dont know.......eny suggestions?

Rich
05-03-2005, 06:37 PM
do you still have the stock head unit? the SCV thing controls the volume when you speed up. you can turn it off or change how much it will change when you speed up.

ggagt00
05-03-2005, 09:05 PM
no i have aftermarket....its a pioneer head unit a deh-6500mp.. or sumthing like that..... how would i fix this problem??

blake
05-03-2005, 09:51 PM
who installed it? might have hooked something up wrong or your HU might have that built in...never heard of an aftermarket HU doing that

ggagt00
05-03-2005, 10:11 PM
yea i kno it really never did that b4... but i dont kno why......I installed it and it worked fine. but now it just happening.....enyone else with sum suggestions?

action
05-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Pioneer has a feature like the factory SCV where it will turn up the volume with relation to engine speed. Check to see if that feature is set up first.